Monday, July 31, 2017

Loose Things Are All That Fits Me Right Now


Following on from my mindset post (which, my friends I need to thank you all for all of the love and support I received since publishing), I wanted to chat a little about weight gain. That dreaded topic that everyone always seems to have on their mind. whether its because your jeans are too tight or you just feel sluggish and heavy, everyone at some point has weight on their mind. 

As most of you know I fell very ill (three years ago this September and I'm sorry to talk about it a lot but it's a huge part of my life) and I was diagnosed with Colitis disease. Dramatic weightloss and not having the ability to keep in food proved difficult and my body went under all sorts of changes. I went down to 9 stone, which for me is incredibly light and was the lightest I'd been in years. Being a dancer and dance teacher my whole life I've been at a "normal" healthy weight with a lot of muscle and was averaging 11 - 11.7. 


It's so tough when your body changes and you have no control. I felt so self conscious as I didn't feel myself in my own body. My personal relationship with my boyfriend was very up and down because of this and of course my social life was on hold. With my normal everyday clothes not fitting me I felt lost, and  suffered a lot in terms of my mental health (and still can prove a real struggle and right now is one of those times). Of course with my positive mindset I'm putting everything I have into fighting it, and felt like writing a post addressing this could be a great weight lifted off my shoulders. 

I've been on a mission for the last year and a half to get into fitness and become healthier, changing my diet and lifestyle regime playing very big factors in that, as I'm quite lucky that my colitis responds to diet well. I'm now 10.4 stone and work out around 4 times a week with a mixture of weight lifting, cardio and yoga. I felt amazing when I lifted my heaviest squat weight (70kg) a few weeks ago, bare in mind I could barely move from my bed to the sofa nearly three years ago. However very recently my body confidence is proving difficult due to this weight gain and new found strength.

No longer do I have a flat stomach and can fit into the lush tiny jeans I bought from Topshop and I have to be honest with you all, it's really eating away at me. Not because I think its not how I should be, but just because my body has changed and I need to find myself at this new stage in my life. This brings me nicely on to the dress featured in this post which was a bargain of all bargains from Missguided on ASOS.

Dress - Missguided via ASOS (linked below)
Converse: Office
Pleather jacket: Warehouse
Vegan bag: TKMaxx
Until I've gotten used to styling for the new shape I'm at at this stage in my long recovery, I will be living in loose fitting clothes that cover my dreaded pouch. I thought it was perfect for the transition from summer to autumn, and all the way through winter and to next year. The back is gorgeous with a delicate cross over detail that would look even better minus the pink bra, but hey ho! It's comfortable, loose, looks great partnered with my pleather jacket and cons so is a perfect slightly chilly day outfit. 

So basically, to round up. This dress is banging and have linked it HERE and urge you to check out the ASOS sale for all the bargs. No matter what weight you are, you need to feel good and just remember you are amazing. Do what you want to do in order to feel your best and most comfortable. And for me, thats going shopping for new clothes!

I love you guys and feel like I can share anything with you. I hope no one gets offended with my offload and topic of choice, but feel it's a good thing for me to talk about it. 

Have a wonderful evening!

xoxo


6 comments:

  1. Loved reading this girl! I really struggle to put on weight at only 7 stone...I really worry about my weight as it's so hard to gain it due to me having such a high metabolism. Although it's good to have this is till worry I'm too much underweight. But doesn't stop me from wearing what I want etc! Rocking that dress Jaide!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/favourite-youtubers.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/USTMMBbqiso
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just shows doesn't it, that people can struggle no matter what weight. Thank you so much or reading and my dress compliment. It was too much of a bargain to not buy it. You just know when your not feeling yourself don't you. Mission feel me is on and I'm pumped for it xo

      Delete
  2. I put on 6kg before being diagnosed with Hashimoto's and I'm finding it really difficult to shift that weight so I really relate. This dress looks gorgeous on you! I might have to jump on and buy some loose items too. Thank you for sharing your story.
    -Kathryn xx
    http://hellokathryn.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beautiful for having a lil read. When weight gain or loss is out of your hands it's hard because it's unexpected and not intentional. As my gain has come from a high fat and weight lifting lifestyle, I know where and what I need to change. Loose clothes are where it's at for me babe, especially when I'm flaring and are extremely bloated. Just remember, you are beautiful and perfect xoxo

      Delete
  3. You look gorgeous lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete