Wednesday, July 19, 2017

5 Ways I Changed My Mindset | Lifestyle

Photographer: Siobhan, Bag: Marc B, Jacket: ASOS
It's taken me so may attempts to finally figure out how I wanted to introduce this post, so thought I'd start from the beginning of this mindful journey I've experienced and still experiencing.

Since January my life has changed in multiple ways. I started a new job which has had a huge impact on my quality of life, and how I now actually have spare time and freedom. My health has improved dramatically (with the occasional flare) because I have time to take care of myself. I actually plan, prep, experiment with food so much more as diet is so important to my IBD. I don't have excessive stress anymore which actually prevented me from eating and caused severe anxiety. As well as those factors,I lost a very close family member not long ago. It's always such a hard time in your life when you lose someone, and that was really the moment that made me rethink health and me, myself and I. 

I started being a lot more mindful and put a great deal of focus into who I was surrounding myself with, how I was spending my spare time and what I was doing to allow me to feel the best I could feel. When reflecting on the first half of the year, it was very clear to me the steps I'd taken to feel pretty content with myself and life in the now.

1: Instead of if, it's when - This is undoubtably number one for me. Actually believing in myself and saying when instead of if, has given me some sort of boost and sends positive vibes through my body every time. Expressing that self belief to yourself and to others has tremendous strength to allow all those negative blocks to disappear. Have faith in yourself, believe you can do it because you can do anything you put your mind to.

2: Getting physical- Having previously been dancing or taking part in dance or theatre dramatics everyday for the last 6 years, it's had a huge impact on me now office based and the level of daily movement I take part in and how that makes me feel. Creating a little timetable and following those Insta profiles that totally inspire me, has meant I can focus on keeping my fitness up instead of allowing myself to get ill and weak (as remaining active is vital for keeping my fatigue away and my arthritis). As I'm starting to see the first signs of results, it's giving me that extra boost to carry on and to not look back to when I was suffering and being a frail self conscious person I used to be. I'm getting that booty and new definition means having to buy some new clothes. Yes to being strong!

3: Your vibe attracts your tribe - I want nothing more than to be around fun, kind, positive, passionate, creative and inspiring people. For me to attract those people I knew I had to present myself in a certain way. I've always been that person who constantly smiles, it's just something I seem to have zero control over but it doesn't stop at just smiling at people does it? I take steps back out of conversations making sure I think about how I present myself and how I speak about different things. In the past because of being in quite a negative environment and place within myself and the people I was with, I would always have something to moan about or not be happy about. And that my friends is not a fun person to be around. Looking back and comparing, I'm so content and have some great people around me. 

4: The Law of Attraction- I have to give credit to the lovely Charlotte Jonsie for sharing her findings when it comes to the Law of attraction. The evening after Charlotte explained how she was following the book The Secret, and changing her outlook towards things I knew I had to have some of that. I started researching that night and fell totally into the idea of The Law Of Attraction. People like Emma Mumford have some great videos on this and how she has manifested some amazing things in her life, and I very much insist you go over and check them out. 

5: The small things- Evenings in, movie nights, coffee dates, family catch ups I do more often now, and couldn't be more happy with he balance of this. Not making time for those small things made me not have those close emotional moments I needed to get that connection with loved ones. You don't always have to go somewhere specific, pay money to see something or do something to have a lovely time that'll remain a memory and bring happiness to you. Life got too busy and my priorities were shot and didn't do any of the above really for the last few years. Comparing now to then it's the complete opposite.

Of course my life isn't perfect, and by no means am I saying that if you follow these five steps you'll be happier. These are just five things that have had a huge impact on my life and would love to open peoples thoughts towards being more mindful. 

Happy Sunday loves

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I'm so glad to hear these things have helped you to feel happier. I love the law of attraction and believe it totally works. The Secret is one of my favourite books x

    Jenny | LuxeStyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! Life can be so testing and I've just realised that I should just stop making myself feel bad. Means so much you stopping by xoxo

      Delete
  2. This was such a lovely post to read Jaide! First of all, it's so good to hear you're doing so much better now, and secondly this has given me the boost to focus more on my mindset and being mindful. I especially love that 'Instead of if, it's when' one! ♥︎ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm beaming with how great and motivated you're feeling. I can't wait for you to get those when this will happen times flowing xoxo

      Delete
  3. I have been in such a bad mindset for the last few months, especially after being diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease. I am very slowly trying to shift my mindset to a more positive one. Thanks for these tips, reading them has helped me remember I am capable of doing anything I put my mind to.
    -Kathryn xx
    http://hellokathryn.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you felt that way. I do know how you feel Kathryn as my Colitis is part of the autoimmune family. You can work with this and you will I promise you. It can be a slow process but each small positive step will be so worth it, and self love is one of the best and most important for you right now. I'm always here if you need to offload. Much love girl xoxo

      Delete
  4. Honestly Jaide this is a post that I needed to read! I've been so down lately as my life has basically been turned upside down and I'm all over the place, but I'm slowly getting there and all I want lately is quality time with people. Which is my favourite part of this post! Also the law of attraction is might look into that a bit more!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/advice-blogosphere-favourites.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/sFGitVF_SL0
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's what you needed and it's been a help to you. Quality time with people is my top thang right now. Lots of laughs and good times xoxo

      Delete