Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Shaking up my neutral palettes | Beauty


Palettes are handy to have, as in general they cater for daytime and evening looks, so the perfect thing to take away with you on the go. As we're in the festive month of December I'm trying to add a little something to my go to neutral looks, and delving into the other end of the palettes for help. 

Heading more to the burnt copper and burgundy shades is my safe option when trying to use more of my palettes. Although I can pretty much buy any neutral palette and be happy with it, I'm really getting into these palettes you can arrange yourself because you can completely make them your perfect selection. Coppering and Cranberry  are my perfect 'That little extra' shades for me to liven up my neutral looks.



The MUA Heaven and Earth palette is a really affordable palette however, the consistency and payoff of the shadows really does allow you to build well and is like the quality of a much more expensive brand. By just including a darker brown in the crease ( Valley or Bedrock) it automatically takes your eye look to a more dramatic route. Sometimes I go that one step more and line the bottom lash line with the darker shadow which helps to achieve more of a smokey eye.


The last palette that's great for going from neutral day to evening smoke is the first Naked palette, a product that I'm sure you all have used or own. I'm very partial to using Smog and Hustle as my drama but, also have used them across the whole lid and just blended and blended out so the edges are soft and added a tiny dab of Sin in the inner to brighten up the eye. 

My love for neutral palettes is just too much. Why do we need single shadows when a palette can take you from day to night in one product. I've pictured the Maybelline colour tattoo because I find this to be a fab base for an intensive smokey eye as it really locks the shadows in. I'd love to know your fav palettes that you can shake up and start using the other end of the shadow line.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment