Friday, December 23, 2016

Freefrom Christmas cookies | #jaidemas


I always like a spot of baking on the run up to Christmas Day, and cookies are something that everyone loves and just an all round win. Perfect to just have in the house on the snack table (does anyone else do this for Christmas Day?) or just an evening snack after a day full of food. By the way, these are so delicious, and I'm not just saying this. Its an easy recipe thats quick to make and quick to eat. Enjoy!

Ingredients you need:
Gluten free self raising flour -300g
Caster sugar -300g
Dairy free marg - 200g
Dried cranberries - as many as you want
Freefrom chocolate - as many as you want
Xanthan gum - 1stp 
Eggs - 2 medium 


Step one: Requires you to engage your guns and cream the sugar and marg together. You need to keep going until its quite creamy with no lumps to be seen. 


Step two: Crack the two eggs in (making sure no parts of the shell has fallen in) Mix together until it's completely mixed up with the creamy sugar and marg. 


Step three: You want to pop in your flour and a tsp of Xanthan gum. The gum helps the mix to stay together and not crumble due to the flour being gluten free. Don't go mad with ya mixing as the flour could go everywhere! Be firm and careful and make sure it all mixes in nicely.  


Step four: Now it's time to pop in your extra ingredients. I went for chocolate buttons as I feel you get better amounts when biting into the cookies. As these are Christmas cookies I fancied including something a little different so I went for dried cranberries. I'm not sure why, but I associate these with Christmas time and thought they'd go nicely with the chocolate. Theres no real expert way of doing this step other than chucking them in, give it a stir and your good to go. 


Step five: Scoop the mixture out in small balls and pop on a baking tray. I tend to go for five per tray and go for a ping pong sized amount. They should go into a pre-heated oven at gas mark 6 (200 degrees c).



These are honestly delicious and all my friends and family enjoyed the first batch I made as a tester so I'll be making these today. 

Merry Christmas!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment