Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Dairy free winter drinks | #jaidemas


Not being much of a traditional tea drinker, and only a coffee girl at the weekends, I tend to live off herbal tea, green tea and hot chocolates during the week. I like starting my day with a fruity one that's quite light, and finishing off my day with a comforting, rich drink and thought I'd share as I understand the struggle of these colder days. 


Green tea ~ Tetley Beauty Tetley Immune Twinings Fudge Melts
These teas are one of my fav ways to enjoy a little warming beverage to kick start my day. The beauty tea is cucumber and apple and is so refreshing and really tasty. It contains B7 and is supposed to help maintain healthy hair and skin, which is always a bonus. I also really enjoy the immune tea, which is more fruity and tropical with pineapple and mango. This tea has added vitamin C and helps to support your immune system (and mine is shockingly bad so this is much needed). Both are lovely and easy to drink and a nice alternative to regular tea and coffee. 

The fudge melts don't state they have any promises to help with your beauty or immune, but they do taste a little indulgent. Some people just don't get the reason why I enjoy Green Tea and how I can even call it tasty or indulgent, but I just love the taste. 

Herbal tea ~ Pukka 
In general, I enjoy the majority of the Pukka tea flavours and tend to grab the variety box so I always have a good range to choose from depending on my mood. The night time and lemon, ginger and Manuka honey are my ultimate choices from the variety pack. Because they're wrapped singly I like chucking a couple in my work bag as ready to have whenever.

Hot Chocolate ~ Freddo Sweet Freedom Choc Shot
I follow the Accidentally Vegan instagram (which I'm so incredibly thankful for), and when they uploaded the picture of the Freddo Hot Chocolate as being unintentionally vegan, I virtually went straight to the supermarket to hunt it down. The ingredients on the back stating that 'It may contain milk' but isn't listed as an ingredient. I like to use rice milk or the foamable oat milk you can get as I find it makes the thickest and creamiest hot chocolates. Of course I top it off with some dairy free whipped and marshmallows. Evenings are when I like to treat myself to one of these naughty warming treats, however, I probably have a little too much per week. Whoops. 


Thanks for reading one of my #jaidemas posts! Now who's for a warm beverage? 

xoxo


4 comments:

  1. I bloomin' love hot chocolate! Might have to give this one a try... I saw it in the shops and wanted it because I just love Freddos haha. I tend to make half a mug of hot chocolate and fill the rest with cream haha whoops. Looks amazing :) great post! xxxxx www.apageofmeblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet!! I couldn't believe the Freddo hot chocolate was dairy free, has made my dairy free life lol xo

      Delete
  2. Sounds delicious! I follow that Instagram account too! It's so handy haha!! Can I ask where you get the dairy free cream from? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a few cans from the latest Vegan food festival I went to last. You can get them easily online too xo

      Delete