Saturday, December 24, 2016

A relaxing Christmas Eve evening | #jaidemas


Tis the season to pamper ourselves. Well, I'm speaking for myself when I say this, but,  the festive season gives me some what of an excuse to lay in the bath for hours (yes hours) with a hot chocolate or tea, watching a Christmas films with a face mask on. I obviously pamper myself all through the year, but Christmas Eve night before the big guy arrives is the perfect reason for a chill. 

Here are my top five things I do to get the most out of a relaxing evening preparing for Christmas Day, which I'll be doing myself after an evening of games, drink, food and laughs.

1: Free time - Make sure everything is done and ready by a good time. Nothing you need or have to do, nothing you have to watch at a certain time and nowhere you have to be. Doing this helps me and my mind to relax completely as it's not just your body that needs to rest, your mind needs to too. I even put the evening in my ical or my diary to make it a sure thing. This tends to be quite late on Christmas Eve (around 9/10pm) but I know Father Christmas will understand and leave me till last.  

2: Run that bath ~ Yes, this is super obvious, but, it's so needed in order to let your body to completely relax. What would a relaxing bath be without a Lush bath bomb? I would have to say that my favourite Christmas Lush accompaniments for a festive bath are Ruby Red Slipper and Snow White. Great scents which I picked up from the Lush Event the other week (vlog here).

3: Hot drinks flowin - Whether your a tea gal or a hot chocolate, taking a warm drink in the bath can be great (Mines normally a hot chocolate). I find it just helps to add extra festive and winter feels to the evening. Even if you don't have it in the bath with you, getting into bed with a warm drink is just as relaxing and satisfying. 

4: Get the moisture in - Being a beauty obsessed individual, I'm an avid mask user, no matter what type of mask it is, my face appreciates a weekly mask. Not festive in the slightest, but, most definitely a relaxing step to do. My most used, go to mask is the Garnier moisture bomb at the moment because it just does such a fabulous job at sorting out dry, tired and dull skin. This mask is also great at making your skin the perfect canvas for makeup, so, Christmas Day you'll be Flawless! 

5: Last minute wrapping presents with a Christmas film - I'm generally wrapping presents all the way through December right up to the last minute. Home Alone will always be my favourite film to watch to get ready for the big day. You'd think I'd be bored of it by now considering I've watched it constantly throughout the month of December, and have done every year since I can remember. Christmas Eve is the best day to watch it on too. 

So those are my five steps to a festive evening that's relaxing, festive, and a chance to give yourself a little pamper before the big day. Hope you all have a fantastic day wherever you are in the world, and it's filled with food, fun, laughter and love.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect, festive evening. I normally watch Home Alone on Christmas Eve too but couldn't this year as the DVD is hidden somewhere the the garage! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you ended up watching it or a different Christmas film! xo

      Delete