Friday, December 23, 2016

How organisation helps keep a Christmas/New Year smile | #jaidemas




With so many loved ones to think of, jobs to carry on with and an increased social life, the Christmas holidays can be manic. I mean, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this time of year, but how do you get yourself ready for it, because before you know it, boom! It's right in front of you.

I like to section myself into categories to help me stay focused in such a busy time and have designated times and days for things I just have to get done. If you can't already tell, I'm a bit of a organisational freak and seriously love to organise anything.

Christmas shopping:
I'm a 'slow and steady wins the race' type of gal in terms of Christmas shopping and like to get a few things whenever I can. I know of people who go out for an entire day and buy in  bulk but I'm just not one of them. This year I joined in with black Friday and Cyber Monday (even if its just for a few items) and managed to get a couple of people ticked off my list. I've only just completed my present shopping but already having the worrying feeling I haven't bought enough.... Last minute.com dash to town me thinks. 

Blogging:
We see and hear this from so many bloggers and vloggers, but, it's the best advice I could give for any time of year. Be organised and plan ahead is key to not feeling overwhelmed and fall behind. Because I'm starting to build up my social outings, blogging is being done mostly at weekends and every now and again when I have some free time. Photography is done in bulk and try to photograph an outfit at the weekend and stock up. I think I'm going to purchase a happiness planner for next year and get even more organised with life and blogging. I've got posts and a vlog to go up over the two weeks of Christmas/new year so I won't need to worry. I'm scheduling tweets right now too which helps to keep you relaxed, away from your phone and with loved ones. 

Friends and family:
Day trips, swing by visits and evenings out are where it's at this time of year, whether that's with friends or family. Because I like to make the most of being with my favourite people this time of year, I haven't had a free Friday for so long..... which I see as a good thing. I feel like the year flies by in terms of our jobs and other commitments that at Christmas it seems to pause slightly, and quality time with our loved ones happen more often. Actually can't wait for Christmas Eve as that's when hours of family fun starts. 

I'd love to know your opinions on how you juggle blogging, friends, family and present buying this time of year. There's always room for some extra organisation during the festive and New Year season. 

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love to organise as well! Especially making lists and lists for all sorts of different things Hehee

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/fashion-adjusting-to-wearing-shirts.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/RqefMiIyfsw
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete