Friday, November 11, 2016

My lipstick choices | Autumn/Winter



As the seasons change, my choices change as do everyone's. From my choice of what herbal tea I want, the pjs I reach for, to the lipstick I want to wear. They all become very seasonal appropriate and feel like lipstick becomes quite a big thing during the November/December time period, for me anyway, as I'm often seen sporting a bold lip.


I'm finding that all five of these are either hanging around at the bottom of my bag, in my make up pouch or in my jacket pocket. All in their own way add a lovely bit of colour,
and is just my thing this time of year. From caring to my lips to bold and daring, lets get stuck in!

For days when I'm not keen on a bright or opaque lipstick, I reach for the Dr Paw Paw peach tint. This is more for days when I go a little heavy on the eyes and like to add a subtle sheen on the lips. This really does the trick and helps sort out any dry thing going on. My next step up is the Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Double Dare. Being quite a deep cocoa and very opaque shade I just does well to coincide with a burnt orange or brassy eye look. Everyone needs a deep berry lippy for Autumn/Winter, and having the choice of keeping it sheer or building it up is just a big plus. This Revolution lipstick in Reckless is a shade I've not really been keen on, but always longed for the perfect one. Being able to wear it in a sheer and dabbed into the lip way as well as having the option of really building it to create a rich payoff is exactly what you need. 

Of course I saved the brightest and most in your face till last, being Revolution Red Carpet and Mac Heroine. Both very different in terms of type as Heroine is matte and Red Carpet is more smooth on application and not a matte finish. Both I enjoy wearing as a statement especially with a monochrome outfit. Both aren't bad in terms of wear however I do need to reapply the Revolution one more often.




Swatches from top to bottom- Dr Paw Paw | Kat Von D | Revolution makeup | Revolution makeup | Mac.

I'd love to know what lipsticks your constantly reaching for right now!

xoxo



2 comments: