Monday, November 28, 2016

Constantly shopping my wardrobe | Fashion


I recently spoke to a close friend about my spending habits and she honestly nearly choked when I said "But I don't spend much on clothes". To be fair, she sees me posting pictures on Instagram and Snapchat sharing all clothes, bags and beauty etc so, I guess it comes across like I'm always buying new items. To tell you the truth, I rarely buy clothes and am a bit of a strange clothing shopper. I can't straight up go into Topshop for example and spend £50 on a dress or £45 on some jeans. I just can't part with that lump of money on a regular basis. Every now and again, I'll have a little spend, but all of which I'm very selective and clear minded with my purchases. 


So, how do I make it seem new and fresh? Well, changing up your wardrobe with the seasons allows you to feel quite fresh with the options you give yourself. If I'm starring at the same wardrobe from January through to December, I'm going to grab the same things over and over and would feel a little boring and mundane. Working in a rotation helps it to feel like you've been shopping because it might of been a whole year since you last wore that black fluffy jumper, but now your reunited, and it feels brand new.

Where do you store your second stash though? I'm lucky enough to have two wardrobes and have the one in my bedroom as my current seasonal collection, which is where I reach into every day. The second double wardrobe is in the spare room and houses everything I won't wear at the moment depending on colour palettes, texture etc. Some items are hung on a rail, but others are just folded and in storage bags until the next time I need them.

My thought process behind this method is being able to keep my spending down, but always feeling fresh and happy with the clothes I have to choose from. Some might say that this method is pretty similar to the capsule wardrobe, and I would agree that there are similarities and both do make you really think about the items you have and might need. 

 
I couldn't really get the detail in that I'd like, so depending on the response, I'll make a YouTube video to go alongside where I can show you exactly what I do and the motions of the process.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I'm very selective with what I buy too. I can go ages without buying something but if I see something I absolutely love I will buy it, no matter how much it costs but I have to really think it through first.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same here. I almost always put items on hold and if I'm not thinking about them after an hour of walking around other shops then I know I don't need it xo

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea, would certainly provide new outfit ideas more oftenly because there is a constant change :)

    http://nikoleannj.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love doing it. It's like I've been shopping xo

      Delete