Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Christmas gift guide | His stocking

 
Not everyone does a stocking from their partners nor receive one from family, but for me they are somewhat a magical way to give presents. In Christmas stories you read as a child, they all had stockings and that's just the way it's always been with my family. I've made a conscious effort this year to start shopping for stockings and small presents early on, so I can proudly say I've basically finished my boyfriends stocking, which lightens the load a bit on the lead up to the big day. I like to include small handy things in a stocking that Tony will need or uses on a regular basis (Tony is your reading this, I've made a point of not including anything I've got for you).

Wahl Sterling Beard Oil - If he doesn't have facial hair you could go down the moisturiser route or even hair clay, etc. Something that they use every day that is domestic. Tony has facial hair and without fail will get some sort of beard oil or treatment which he does use all the time and likes to have a range of scents. I know this set is probably a bit pricey for a stocking, but, you could split the set and gift two to someone else?

Star wars soap - My dad especially loves getting soap in his stocking. I find this strange as I can't stand the feel of original soap on my skin, but apparently this is a male thing. You can get so many designs to suit what they like and are pretty good on the price front, so if you know a guy who likes a good original bar of soap, then a funky design is the one for them. 

Novelty socks - Without fail I will get Tony socks. He doesn't mind going quite out there with socks and normally goes for a comic theme or Star Wars, but love the look of these Rudolf ones from ASOS! It's a way of letting out my inner child, I think, and feel everyone enjoys having a bit of fun with socks and underwear in general.

Boxers - They're useful and you can either go the fun route or the straight forward classic route. Personally, I mix it up and get a bit of both. Primark are great for some fun boxers if you want some funky colours or themes, but TKMaxx is up there for best price good quality sets. 

Beard or hair comb - For long beards, short beards, comb-over hairstyles every other male is sporting, the guys will love a comb in their stocking. This just looks cool and a bit retro which Tony loves, so this is a great addition to a stocking.If not a comb, maybe something like a male grooming tool if they use them, or if they should start to and just need a handy hint.

Marvel trivia game - Whether its a simple pack of cards, or a mini poker set, this would go down a treat. You never know when you'll fancy cracking out a game with family, friends or with your partner. I actually like the sound of this trivia game and would quite like to play it. They always go down well as a drinking game with a few bevvies.

Card holder or mini wallet - Great for a night out if they don't want to take their entire wallet, because if you guys have a boyfriend like mine who gets shot happy on a night out, I like to ban the credit card. This is plain, simple and stylish and I bet they'd use it quite a bit.

I'd love you for to link me to any gift guides you've done or seen as I'd like some more inspiration for gifts I still need to get.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment