Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Baking with pumpkins | Gluten free and dairy free


Baking is something I'm not afraid to experiment with. To try new recipes, create my own and to purely have some fun. I feel that there's no limit to what you can do and try and no real rules to stick to so naturally I had to try out something for pumpkin season. 

I'd seen Poppy Deyes post all about pumpkins and how she decorated her flat and made pumpkin loaf using someones recipe, which is also the same recipe I followed. Having successfully baked a banana bread before, I thought to myself, it shouldn't be too hard....... so lets take a look in picture form!


I tweeted the morning of my baking this about whether or not I should buy pumpkin puree or not or whether I should create the puree myself, and I'm so glad I did it myself. It was quite a lengthy process, but you feel like you're really accomplishing something and put something extra into your bake. My poor little Ninja got a little overheated doing this, so I think it's about time I invested in a proper food processor. 


Because I'm gluten free, I swapped normal flour for Doves self raising freefrom flour and left out the baking powder. Please don't forget to include 1 tsp of Xanthan Gum to help the  bake hold together well.  The only dairy swap was the butter I used to grease the tins with and have to say, I've found my favourite freefrom butter which tops all the others by miles, Flora


Even though pumpkins were mostly around at Halloween (which means I'm pretty late getting this post up) I think these look really Christmassy and would probably go down well on the big day! These were a bit of a faff but totally worth it, as me and the boyf scoffed the lot (of course with a bit of help) in just under a week.

Let me know if you try these out and whether or if there's any recipes you'd like me to recreate for the freefrom community.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment