Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Lover of monochrome | Style


On the countdown to Christmas I feel obliged to wear a bright red lip frequently and start swapping my flat white, to a Christmassy special. Around this time of year is when my constant sporting of monochrome outfits comes in handy, as they really let bright red lippy pop. Some might argue my following statement but, for me, believe it or not, is quite a Christmassy outfit!


Lets start with the huge (amazing) specs on my face. Glasses just add a little quirkiness to an an outfit don't they, and recon if I had worn my contacts, the overall look would be so different. I really love adding lots of different elements into an outfit such as this. I've thrown a red lip, fluffy jumper, layering, gold detail, a pom pom and a little touch of smart with my shoes of choice all together. I never do it on purpose, and never think 'oh lets mix that texture with that'. I just grab what I want and go with it. 

I'm really into subtle jewllery at the moment and loving my small dainty studs from Jewellery Box. As they're so small I leave them in day after day. And, being sterling silver, they don't aggravate my ears at all (which I know some people suffer with). The other accessory to this outfit which is actually really new, is the Pom Pom. Superdrug were having a deal that when you buy three beauty products, you get a free Pom Pom (on trend or what) so naturally this became the thing I had to do that day and actually really like it with this get up.



Deets as follows: Glasses | Missoni at Specsavers, Lipstick |  Makeup Revolution, Dress | Primark, Jumper | Topshop, Bag | Russell & Bromley, Pom Pom | Superdrug, Tights | Primark, Shoes | Topshop, Coffee | Costa, Studs | Jewellery Box

If you really like the dress, then get down to your nearest Primark asap as it was in the sale for £5! 

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the red lip and the glasses! I really love this whole look and what a bargain of a dress!
    I've got a thing for Pom poms haha I'm running out of places to attach them!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something about a red lip that is just show stopping. Oh my gosh, me too. Addicted to a red lip. xo

      Delete
  2. This look is so nice! <3

    http://nikoleannj.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! One of my go to looks right now xo

      Delete