Friday, September 2, 2016

5 organisational tips that work for me | Lifestyle


Organisation is such a key factor in everyone's life. With it being included in every job advert and being able to multitask are skills definitely to take to the bank as they say. I've always been someone who likes a list or two (maybe three) and enjoys using diaries and note pads and books etc. I follow five steps to make sure I'm as organised as I can possibly be without becoming obsessed with it.

1: Write it down- Whether you use a digital diary or a written one, I like to be able to see my week ahead so I can prioritise my free time for work, blogging and social events. There's nothing worse than forgetting to do, go, or sort something. Getting to a day and suddenly realising you had something planned is the worst, not cool at all. I'm a bit weird with this step as I use both digital and written. I use my iCal on my phone and write everything from that into my book diary. I'm not sure why I do this, but I like it.  I like being able to see my diary on my phone in an instant when out and about, but then on the other hand like sitting down and writing notes and lists into my day by day pages too.

2: Reminders- I always put reminders on my laptop and phone for the day before an event or when something is due so I'm not surprised by it and don't have time. Giving yourself thinking time before hand, I think is vital as it mentally prepares you for whatever it is your going to or need to do.

3: Sorting your space- I don't know about you, but I find myself being more organised, positive and productive when I'm in specific spaces and environments. I can't sort my life out sat in front of the TV. Have a space that's yours to go to to work and your brain will recognise this and be productive. I have a little beauty room/office with a desk and as soon as I sit down, I know stuffs about to get done!

4: Allocating times and days- Things like going to the gym, or for a run or a yoga session never works off a whim (well for me they don't anyway). I have designated days and times I go to the gym, which to be fair can change depending on work, but more or less stay the same. I find I get into a routine and suits me a lot more.

5:
Enjoy what you do- If you enjoy things, you're doing and need to be organised for, you will genuinely be better at keeping up with them. If you don't enjoy them, it'll feel more like a chore and the enjoyment and want that you need to complete them won't be there. A part of my life that I'm not organised with is housework. Things like hoovering, polishing, clothes washing aren't regimented and I'll just do them when I need to. Being like this can be a pain as it can clash with things and I should start allocating specific days to household jobs to ensure a smoother and well planned out week. 

Of course not everyone works well with having such an organised life timetable, in which case I applaud you. I'm one of those that thrives off a bit of strict timetabling and organisation (maybe because I'm so used to it with my teaching job).

If you have any other tips I haven't included, please leave them below.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I too have to write things down or else I will forget them and it frustrates me. All these organisational tips are something I use too to keep me organised :)

    Isobel x

    New post: https://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/fashion-feeling-beautiful-with-james.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/lmIAtkoZbFU
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously have to follow them otherwise I would forget so much stuff!!! Xo

      Delete