Saturday, August 27, 2016

Short hair don't care | Lifestyle



I've had what people would class as 'long hair' for around six years and was desperate to grow it down to my hips and feel like I'd accomplished something. I recently had a dramatic chop and have gone to shoulder length and couldn't be happier about the decision. I'd thought about it for a long time and it just got to the point where I had had enough of spending 45 minutes drying my hair and not being able to go to sleep with it down as it would knot and get in the way. I knew it was time for a change. 


Hair grows, and that's something I've told myself for a long time.  I've had some right crazy hair styles, from super short jet black hair, to short and bleached blonde, to now which is relatively 'normal'. I've always been up for playing around with my hair, whether that's the colour or the style, it grows and you shouldn't worry about it and just bite the bullet and go for it.

Going into the deeper impacts of me having long hair, I felt I was hiding behind it, and strangely, I lost a lot of confidence with my appearance because of it. I'm finding it hard to put into words exactly how it made me feel, but in a way began to feel that without it, I wasn't good enough. I became dependent on having long hair. What is that about? Because I started to not feel myself and knew that I needed a change to spice things up a bit.

If you've wondered for a while now what its like to cut all that hair that just hangs down for days on end, well, it's amazing!! Having belly button length hair for around two years became such a pain. Spending a lot of time washing and looking after it resulted in me not putting in the effort into styling it at all because I just couldn't be bothered as it took so much of my time. Now with shorter locks it takes me around 10 minutes to put a bit of movement and curl in and that quick task suits me down to the ground.

Don't be afraid, hair grows and I'm sure you'll all look lovely if you take the plunge.

Have you recently had a drastic hair change?

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. You look amazing in short hair! I have really long hair and I feel like short hair wouldn't look nice on me so I'm sticking to long hair :) But I do understand the struggles you've mentioned, it can get a bit too much at times.

    https://nikoleannj.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! So happy you get my previous struggles. Other people were like what? Really? Xo

      Delete
  2. You actually look so nice with that length of hair! I recently cut 4 inches off my hair and loved it!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/fashion-part-time-unicorn.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/lmIAtkoZbFU
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went shorter this week and am so in love with shorter hair! xo

      Delete