Monday, August 22, 2016

Revisiting Dreamland | Lifestyle



When I was a kid, I used to spend so many of my summer days down in Dreamland with friends and family, spending hours on rides like the Waltzers and Skymaster (definitely was my favourite and held you upside down for what felt like hours). Yesterday myself and the fam went down to have a look at how they'd updated it and to have a bit of a trip down memory lane.



When walking around the park, it felt just like a smaller Thorpe Park. It didn't have the same old Dreamland feel that I remembered. Things were in different places and at first I was stubborn and thought 'well this just isn't Dreamland'. After a sitting down, having some water and taking it all in my thoughts changed and instantly loved the new look land of dreams. They have made it out in such a cool and retro way, everything looking very instagramable and pinterest worthy (except the grey sky).


Dreamlands food area had so much to offer! Snacks warm and cold, meals, drinks and treats. They'd clearly thought about it a lot, and coming from someone who finds it hard to eat out, I was impressed. Within this area was a bandstand which had a band playing live music which just gave it a really nice summery vibe.


After our trip to Dreamland we decided to head out to the beach and have a walk seen as the weather had changed for the better. There was quite a lot of people on the beach having BBQs or just sitting on blankets and chairs chatting. It is such a nice beach and is so big that you'll be guaranteed a space (if you turn up on a sunny day before 10am).

Bag- Whistles, Trainers- Nike, Dress- H&M, Top- Zara

A trip to Margate isn't complete without popping into the Seaside Cake Parlour. All food is plant based with vegan and gluten free options (the little ones). I ate two yesterday and have saved the rest today as I'm gardening all day and will be in need of energy boosts throughout the day.

I've had such a lovely weekend and hope you guys did too. Time spent exploring old and new places can be so satisfying, and just getting out of the house for a walk can do wonders. If you've not been down to Margate yet I advise you do so soon before the weather permanently changes its mind. 

Have a lovely week! And comment on this post telling me what you got upto this weekend.

xoxo















6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh looks like you had such a good day at Margate! I loved going on Friday - but didn't go to the cake parlour!!! Will have to go back now :) haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's great there. I met them at a local vegan fair and have gone back ever since. xo

      Delete
  2. Ahhh my goodness, they even have a roller disco! This place looks amazing, I love a quirky, vintage style funfair :D love your snaps, followed you on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Yeah its so cool and retro! xo

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this place before! But it sounds like an interesting place to go! You've also given me some outfit inspo with the outfit your wearing too :)

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/fashion-part-time-unicorn.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/lmIAtkoZbFU
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so cool and a great fun. Thanks girl! I love anything with a dungaree vibe! xo

      Delete