Wednesday, August 3, 2016

5 steps to maintaining clear skin




 We all try endless amounts of skincare products, in the hope that they will give us the clearest, most youthful and wrinkle free skin we long for. As much as I love skincare (which is a lot) I can hold my hands up and say that I know products aren't miracle workers, and when it comes to blemishes, sometimes you just can't control them. My skin is relatively clear most of the time, however, a week before and after my time of the month is a little rocky with spots appearing on my chin and in between my eyebrows. When I'm not going through those two rocky weeks I really make sure I take care of my skin, and abide by the following five points in maintaining clear skin.

1- Don't touch-  

Yes, don't touch your face. A lot of my friends and family will tell you, I'm really funny to anyone touching my face. You carry so much bacteria on your hands that rubbing your forehead, or cheeks could transfer dirt and bacteria that can lead to a breakout. If you need to touch your face then make sure to clean your hands first. I carry around an antibacterial gel most of the time and am loving this Carex one. Matching my hand wash at home and smells yummy.

2- Plenty of H20- 

When I'm at work I drink from a water bottle and end up drinking so much I'm constantly peeing. When I'm at home, I'm the opposite and am trying to make a conscious effort to drink more. Drinking plenty of water (8 glasses) throughout the day helps to flush toxins out, carry nutrients around the body and can help maintain clear skin. So buy yourself a fancy cup and lets get drinking! I've got a nice fancy cup from Primark and they have such a big range right now.

3- Clean flannel / muslin- 

 Some might call say I change my flannel too often (every two days) but if I could, I'd change it every day. I just can't keep up with the amount of washing I have now let alone a constant supply of flannel circulating. I use one side one day, and the other side the next. It not only helps to clean and cleanse your skin alongside your cleanser, but also gently exfoliates the skin getting rid of dead skin. I buy my flannels anywhere but do love the Ikea ones.

4- Change your pillowcase-

When people tell me they haven't changed their pillowcase for a couple of weeks, I shudder at the thought of the bacteria built up that they are happy to place their face on. I change my case twice a week and have a stash of plain cases in grey and white making sure they all match my duvet covers. You just can't go wrong with Primark in terms of pillowcases, as they do some really cute designs that are neutral and cheap. Changing your pillowcase should be done at least once a week as whilst you sleep you sweat, oil from your head rubs on your pillow, dribble the lot. So change it up folks!


5- Routine- 

Following a solid routine is vital in helping your skin look its best and keep it clear. Everyone's routine will be different due to everyone's individual skin types, etc but also our skin needs are slightly different because of that. For example, if I use too many rich products that are thick my skin drinks, and holds onto it and then break out. I personally use a makeup remover, cleanser, toner, acid toner, serum, eye cream and a good moisturiser. Every now and again will throw in a face mask to help draw out impurities. As well as having a solid routine, it's also really good to change it up now and again to keep your skin on its toes. If you'd like an updated skincare routine, please comment below. 

Do you follow all of these steps? Are there any steps you'll now try to do? 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This are really god tips :) I think people often forget that changing your pillow case is very important!

    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So many people I know change theirs when they change their duvet cover!!!! My skin would not be happy xo

      Delete