Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Glasses on point thanks to Specsavers


Wearing glasses is kind of a big deal. They're on your face, making quite a big statement so, you need to get it right. I've had some experiences in the past where you sort of feel pressured to hurry up and make your decision. And with so many frames to choose from, it can be a slightly overwhelming process.

Every time I've gone into Specsavers for an appointment , and needed to choose some frames they've been so helpful and given me as much alone time to search at my own pace and comfort for the perfect frames. To me this is a plus and something that customers really appreciate. 'Time to browse' as they say shouldn't be rushed and it's vital you feel comfortable.


I've been a glasses wearer for many years now and I get bored of frames quite quickly as they're something I wear everyday. Specsavers kindly sent me a voucher for some frames, and to my excitement when I got there, all frames were buy one get one free (paying for the most expensive). That was it, I was off and must of tried the majority of the selection on and narrowed it down to just two and went for them both!  

I loved these Moschino frames as they were large and square which suit my face, and I'm a sucker for anything tortoiseshell. The detail on the arms is really different and love how its so contrasting the the light brown. It makes a nice change to wear a light frame compared to a dark one, and strangely gives off such a different look as its a lot softer on the face. They reminded me of some RayBan frames I'd seen before, so, I immediately grabbed them and walked around with a big grin on my face.
 

The second pair are Converse (and yes they don't just make great trainers). I wanted to get two different shaped frames, and having already chosen a square pair, wanted something slightly different. Black frames can be quite harsh on your face, but having the light colour around the edges makes them a lot softer and easier to wear. The way the corners flick out into a point gives them a bit of an interesting feature. The arms are quite plain which I like compared to the other pair.  


Both pairs are super comfortable and love the way they mix up an outfit. I can see myself wearing both of these frames a lot and have already taken them both out on a few spins. Couldn't possibly tell you which pair is my favourite as I love them both for different reasons. What can I say, I change up my frames like I change my handbags.

Are you a glasses wearer? Should you have gone to Specsavers? 


xoxo


4 comments:

  1. That's really good that the people in spec savers give their customers that browsing time as its good that you don't feel pressured to just buy one and instead get the pair that fit what your looking for :)

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/fashion-floral-dresses-new-do.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/lmIAtkoZbFU
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! They have great customer service and will keep going back :) xo

      Delete
  2. I love the Converse ones! I don't have to wear glasses but if I ever do I'm so glad there's so many fabulous designs available now xx

    Alice Anne // Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I remember my first ones that were free and were the only ones in Specsavers I liked (this was years and years ago), and now, there's so many! xo

      Delete