Wednesday, July 27, 2016

What's in my bathroom #update


Now the sun is showing itself a little more often now, my bathroom essentials have changed. You bare more skin, have your hair dried out by the sun more and my skin gets more clogged. I can easily let my bathroom become overrun by products, to the point where all up the side of the bath is a line up of bottles, jars and soaps. Because of this habit of mine I've made a conscious effort to slimline my regularly used products, and these are my most used and loved right now. 

Vita Coco Coconut oil: I use for a nourishing hair mask when my hairs feeling really dry and damaged by the heat. Now It's officially summer and people are going on holiday and sunbathing, people are actively applying sun lotion and not really thinking about their hair. Even spending days out in this country my hair takes a hammering from the sun (especially because its bleached). I apply the coconut oil from the mid length to the ends after shampooing and leave it in for a few minutes and then wash it off. It leaves my hair feeling soft and smelling amazing.

Yuzu and Cocoa shower cream: Has to be my favourite shower cream from Lush at the moment and certainly matches with the bright sunshine we've been having. It honestly smells amazing puts me in such a summery mood. Its an instant hit of citrus with a tad of chocolate creating a fresh and sharp chocolate orange smell that honestly, makes you want to eat it. Your skin feels super soft and the scent stays around for you to enjoy all day.

Garnier Body - Summer Body: Being incredibly pale, I struggle with fake tan and actually getting a natural tan. I have to even use this Summer Body carefully as If I apply too much, I can wake up with patches that make me look like I don't shower. Generally, if I use this correctly and carefully, then the effect is nice and natural, giving your skin a natural looking sun kissed glow. It smells lovely which helps as you normally expose more skin in the hot weather. I normally apply this after a bath or a shower when my skin in clean and has had a good scrub.

this works - clean skin gentle cleanser: Day trips out, laying in a park, having a picnic or watching a film on an outdoor cinema. Whatever you get up to this summer your face is constantly exposed and even if you use sun lotion specifically for your face, it still can suffer. This is why I like to use a creamy cleanser, to soothe and nourish my dry and blocked up skin. With added natural ingredients like frankincense to act as an antibacterial and Rosehip oil packed with vitamin A its great for your skin and helps to restore balance.

Vosene frequent anti-dandruff: I find that my hair can get very upset in the summer period and build up on my scalp can prove annoying and kind of embarrassing. This can be from (as gross as this is) daily sweat from the heat or even from a product build up. You can use this daily, even though I don't but it's nice to have the option there if you really need it. The Vosene shampoo leaves my hair nice and soft and really does help with any sort of dandruff problem whilst being affordable.

Do you use any of these? What products do I need in my shower? 

xoxo


2 comments:

  1. That coconut oil hair mask is something I must try out as I don't own a hair mask and I think my hair needs one every now and again. I also own the summer body lotion and I get exactly what you mean if you apply too much! It does give a nice gradual tan though, especially on the legs I've found!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/lifestyle-10-things-that-make-me-happy.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/lmIAtkoZbFU
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly the coconut oil is amazing. I couldn't believe I could buy a product to use in the kitchen, on my face and my hair. Just mad. Yeah I have to be super careful with the Garnier stuff as I can look so streaky lol xo

      Delete