Sunday, May 22, 2016

Quick spring picks for on the go


Recently, during the week I've been really slapped dash and short on time for my makeup application, so, I've been grabbing and going and using these products on the train. I apply my base first at home, which at the moment is my Chanel Les Beiges (and yes I'm still totally in love). It gives such a natural look with good coverage and lasts all day and doesn't wear away. I also do my brows quickly before running out the door which is still my trusty steed, the Soap and Glory Archery. I go through these like no ones business and so thankful they're affordable. Before I head out the door I've been spritzing the Modern Muse Estee Lauder giving me an instant spring like boost. 

My step by step guide whilst on the train is the following:

1: Curl the stubborn cow lashes with my N7 eyelash curlers. Got these last Christmas and they're really not bad. I was very dubious as to whether they'd actually be worth using compare to my Kevyn Aucoin ones and was very surprised. They allow you to get really close to the base of your lashes and pulls them gently round and up. I have to say, not my favourite, however pretty good.

2: The lids, in the form of the Maybelline 24 hour tattoo eye shadow which I literally chuck on my eyelids and rub in with my fingers. You've got to work quickly with these, but they do last well throughout the day. I don't bother with priming my eyes during the week and do see a difference with the longevity, but nothing a quick lunch time touch up can't handle. I use the shade Permanent Taupe which, when applied lightly is a really nice everyday shade. 

3: Benefits They're Real push-up liner is a product that's taken me quite a while to love, and learn how to use it properly. At first I found it very awkward and could never get a nice straight and crisp line, unlike when I use the felt pen nibs. Now I've had a great deal of practice with it, I honestly love it. Its so easy to blend out too, and gives a lovely smudged effect. One thing to remember with this though, is that a good oil based makeup remover will be your best friend. 

4: Mascara of choice is still the lovely Burberry which has been my go to for a while now. A blog post will be going up very soon featuring this so I won't go into much detail other than I love it. 

5: Instead of layering up with the bright Sleek lipstick in Heartbreaker, I've been pressing it into my lips after applying my EOS lip balm, and smudging it in. This method is great when you know yo'll be eating or drinking or just won't have time to re-apply as its a more natural way of giving your lips a pop of colour, without smothering them in matte lippy that will crack or smudge. Love this shade around spring time and really compliments my very light skin tone. 

6: Lastly, these invisibobbles are my life and have changed the way I put my hair up. They don't snag, pull or rip your hair and hold onto your hair with a good grip. I'm really into putting my hair up in a pony and pulling sections to mess up the front slightly, giving a 'I woke up like this' vibe. 

Do you commute and have easy to use, quick products you could recommend to me?

xoxo


6 comments:

  1. Hello, I spotted you on Tanya's blog and decided to come and say hi! I have been really enjoying reading your blog. It would be cool if you checked out mine, too. Are you open for any collabs?
    Good luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for stopping bye, and I'm so happy you enjoy my posts. Yeah I am always up for some collab work xo

      Delete
  2. I love the invisibobble 😊

    Sophiekate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they! So much better for my hair than regular ones xo

      Delete
  3. For concealer I recommend seventeens pwoar concealer, it's easy to dab on under the eyes and conceals pretty well! Almost as good as the collection 16hr stay concealer!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/fashion-wishing-i-was-at-coachella.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New video: http://youtu.be/JqoWvvt0MR8
    Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! That's going straight on my list! xo

      Delete