Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Gluten free crepes and waffles at The Creperie


I hold my hands up, I have a major sweet tooth, and pancakes, crepes and waffles are something I very much enjoy tucking into when I need a sweet fix. With what feels like an unlimited amount of combinations you could have, it's a meal that you'll never get bored of. Having had to completely cut out gluten from my diet (and living with a coeliac for 6 years) I've come accustom to baking and cooking gluten free, however, I never get my pancakes to look like The Creperies!


I was invited by the lovely people at Brightons 'The Creperie' to try out their gluten free crepes and waffles with a friend, and on route myself and my sister couldn't contain our excitement flapping are hands like school kids.


I opted for the lemon and sugar crepe and added banana and caramel. My sister went for the waffle with strawberries and cream, with a drizzling of Nutella (both of which were very photogenic and delicious). Even though they were both made with gluten free flour, they were both soft and didn't crumble or fall apart at all, which I've found to happen when I've made them at home myself. The consistency was very much how regular crepes and waffles are which was surprising considering they were gluten free.


Instagram is full of waffles, crepes and pancakes, you know the ones, they're thick and very dense looking with mountains of toppings and cream. Basically a whole load of you stodge. The Creperie offered us thin and much more manageable ones, but still gave a satisfying hit (Currently salivating over the melted Nutella).

I was so impressed with the crepe I ordered. In a way slightly blown away as it was so similar to a regular one that I'd come to miss so much. It was quite big, had no tears in it and with a lovely light brown and slightly crispy exterior. Cooked to perfection should I say. Being a little greedy, I added the sauce and banana and took a while to eat with a few brakes, but boy was it worth it. I was very tempted to just create my own using the list of toppings available, but there were so many to choose from it would of taken me ages to decide.


If you're in Brighton and fancy trying a new place to eat, whether that be sweet or savoury, I'd highly recommend The Creperie. A wide range of combinations and very flexible to suit your likes and dislikes. The interior is lovely and comfortable with great staff who are friendly and helpful. Food came very quickly and was presented to perfection (in which I took full advantage of and now have quite a few pictures in my camera roll). It doesn't matter if your coeliac or not, these crepes and waffles are great for all. But if you have a gluten free friend or family member, they'd really appreciate being able to eat here without the hassle of asking for gluten free as this is a registered gluten free restaurant!

Have you eaten here before? Do you think you'll swing by?

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I AM LITERALLY DRIBBLING ON TO MY SCREEN RIGHT NOW. Brighton is only 45 minutes away from me so I'm SERIOUSLY considering leaving work and heading down for a crepe party on my own. How have I never been here before!? Banana crepes are like my lifeline!!

    Beautiful photographs too you talented little lady!

    Katie.
    xx ♥ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to, they're so yummy. Thank you so much :) You've really made my day xo

      Delete
  2. They look so yummy! I'm all for Gluten Free. May pop in the next time I'm in Brighton

    Casey - ATopsyTurvyBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You honestly can't even tell they're made with gluten free flour. Really worth it. xo

      Delete
  3. Looks like a gorgeous place to eat, those food photos are amazing, and the crepes look so yummy!! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really nice place to go. So in love with the decor too xo

      Delete
  4. This is amazing! I want some now :)

    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://secretbeautylife1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You should defo check it out if you can xo

      Delete
  5. Sounds so yummy! Wish I could go!

    https://xcherryblossomblogsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete