Thursday, April 28, 2016

Late to the NYX party


A beauty bloggers trip to London isn't complete without a, 'I don't need anything but I want to browse Selfridges beauty department'. I had seen all over our faithful friend social media so much hype on these lip creams. NYX as a brand is so affordable and of a good quality. It would of been rude to not have bought some, right?


The lip creams are so great for something to the have in your bag and reach for in times when you need that pop of colour. They're soft, creamy and dry completely matte. When I say matte I don't mean unbearably uncomfortable to wear, can tell you've got something on matte. Strangely, I found the darker shade to be slightly more comfortable to wear than the light one. I found that the lighter one, after time went quite patchy and a tad bitty around the edges. Chucking on a second coat over the top as soon as you realise this works wonders and goes straight back to looking lovely and fresh.



The face power is really fine and really nice once put on the skin. I haven't really noticed anything particular about the longevity of keeping me looking matte as I've been testing out a few different bases recently however I'll update you. The brow mascara, however isn't something I'd bother to re-purchase. Compared to my super crazy cheap Miss Sporty clear mascara, it's actually quite pants and find my brows looking out of place not long after applying it, which, is a bit disappointing but as it didn't brake the bank its all good. 

What have you tried from NYX? Any recommendations?

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Great products, love the NYX lip creams. I also really love their mirco brow pencil! xo

    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me a while to really love them, but they are really good xo

      Delete