Monday, March 28, 2016

Its all about the base ~ revisited



I can't keep track of the amount of 'light base' posts I've done since starting my blog, but what I do know is that I couldn't live without them. Of course I've got a few medium and heavy coverage foundations that I crack out on the odd occasion, but there's nothing I enjoy wearing more than a light coverage base. Whether it be to work, to dinner, or to a party, I reach for something light as I like my skin to look as natural as possible and give me a boost of radiance.



These beauties are my top three go to light base products right now. Some long time readers of mine will probably get bored as the Dior and Laura Mercier have been featured quite a few times. I'm sorry, but they're just too good not to, and if you're yet to try them out, this is my final push to get these in your life! 

Chanel Les Beige is the newbie in my collection and is just lovely. I was given a trial amount when it was first released and made it last for weeks until it finally ran out. I honestly didn't know what to do other than go out and treat myself to it. My instant thought was the price is steep, but told myself it was fine, as a little goes a long way with this product. I love how I justify things like this to myself. They call it a foundation, however, is so light it's verging on a tinted moisturiser/BB creme feel.
 

In terms of consistency, all three are very similar and actually all pack a good punch with coverage and longevity. In my opinion the champ is the Chanel as for me, it's best for being layered and lasts the longest whilst wearing nicely throughout the day. It's so smooth and doesn't grab onto dry patches or lines, but helps to add a healthy look to the skin without making it look lifeless and just one shade. 

Without a doubt all three of these will be on rotation from now, until the end of summer. I'm yet to find a drugstore light base that stands up to these guys and am always on the look out, so send your suggestions this way! 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Chanel is literally one of my favourite luxury brands for beauty. I love the all in one healthy glow fluid! It's perfect for my skin type and does everything I want it to do!

    Isobel x

    Latest posts - http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/beauty-elegant-touch-nail-varnish.html
    Instagram - https://instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Bloglovin' - https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionistachic14-12984939
    New Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqoWvvt0MR8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really like the brand, and not just for their make up! Would love some more of their lip products xo

      Delete