Friday, December 11, 2015

December reds for all your party occasions


Its standard to sport a red lip during the month of December to turn an average make up look, into a festive beaut. I've got quite a large collection of reds as its just classic and you can't go wrong, but these are my go to for the range of occasions the party seasons throws at you.

Popping into town red: I don't know about you but this year I'm quite behind with my Christmas shopping and popping into town every now and again is becoming a frequent occurrence. Because of this I need something thats quick and even something I can pop on in my car mirror or as I'm walking to grab a coffee. For this I head for the Revlon balm stain in Rendezvous. So easy to apply and gives a lovely red sheen to the lips. 

Social gathering red: Whether it be for a coffee or for one or two drinks with friends, I always go for something with a bit of pop and something that will stick around whilst sipping on a continuous string of decaf almond lattes. Beet from MAC is one that I love to wear when out with friends as its quite long lasting (being a lip pencil and all) but also is such a transition shade that if you went to a gathering and fancied heading out after, then Beet will be there for you. If I fancied something brighter and more of a classic red, then Maybelline Colour drama in Fab Orange if my grab and go. Acts as a lip pencil and all over colour in one, which sticks around through cocktail after cocktail, or coffee after coffee. It's a lovely shade which I can imagine suits a lot of skin tones. 

Night out red: Now this is where is gets to the big boys. My top pick of the three is my Nars Audacious lipstick in Grace. Although is more of a pinky red its just beautiful and definitely gives off a Christmassy vibe. Its super soft to apply and stays around for hours! Perfect to apply at 7pm and forgetting about it till early hours of the morning. Rimmel Apoccalips in Apocoliptic is a liquid lip lacquer. Once dry this does not budge......seriously! Really affordable dupe for the YSL ones. Juliannes red by Loreal is very similar in shade with the NARS lipstick (more of a pinky red) and is a real stunner. It has a slightly more matte formula which means that the laster power is actually better than NARS, meaning it doesn't leave you with bare patches on your lips. 

Whats your go to red for these occasions?
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This was such a lovely post! I love the different types of reds haha! I never wear red lipstick but this year I am feeling hella' festive and have been wearing Mac Ruby Woo, the most generic of them all! Merry Christmas!

    Josie - www.thatspeach.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally love Ruby Woo! Thats another favourite of mine. Merry Christmas!!!! Thanks for stopping by xo

      Delete