Monday, October 26, 2015

Spending a wintery evening with Lush



When an email from Lush arrived into my inbox I instantly said yes (to myself) even before knowing what the email was asking of me. Autumn / winter is my favourite time of year and tend to shop more at Lush due to the increased amount of baths I have when the weather changes, so when I scrolled down the email where in bold it said, 'Preview of winter collection' I was a super excited.

A nice small group of bloggers from my local area were asked to come along and were greeted with bucks fizz and snacks and had a bit of a low down on what to expect from the evening. We were then left to explore, with a member of staff on each product area we were given demos and learnt all about Lush as a company, and the background of individual products. 





To start the evening myself and Harriet moved swiftly to the FUN section of the store to start building our snowman. Fun can be used for literally anything from shampoo, bubble bath and to even wash your clothes (I know I was shocked when we were told). A little amount goes a long way with this product and really does lather up and bubble up a lot. For Christmas you can buy the snowman pack, magic of Christmas or the Santa pack and have FUN in the bath or shower. 



The next station we went over to was the try me station where we had some products tested out on our arm which was so nice and relaxing. Christingle was my favourite out of this selection which is a body conditioner. When I smelt this for the first time it reminded me of the spearmint polos I used to buy on a daily basis at school. It's so refreshing and awakening and once rinsed off, leaves your skin feeling baby bottom smooth. 


Snow fairy is back, and my goodness look at the biggest tub of it! Of course there's gift set featuring this much loved Christmas product but there's also some new items that are incredibly unique. Firstly; Fairy Dust, which can be applied straight after your bath or shower onto your skin for a soft, sweet smelling scent that will stay with you for hours and let you sparkle for the entire day. You can also sprinkle it in your bath for added sparkle. First snow is very similar however instead of having iridescent glitter its more of a shimmer. The glitter in Lush products will not harm the environment or animals as it's not plastic but biodegradable. 


Peeping Santa is so adorable and is dairy free (not that I would recommend eating it). Containing Olibanum oil and bergamot oil it helps to relax yet uplift with a hint of strawberry. Again it's a bubble bar so lots of sweet fruity bubbles. 


Holly Golightly bubble bar is a great Christmas pamper bar. Turning the water holly green the bubbles grow and grow and the smell of a cinamon and zesty fruits will fill the bathroom.




Lastly as a big group we made the 'Angels on bare skin' all natural cleanser.  It was so much fun and learnt how to create it step by step with lots of facts and information passed our way with every added ingredient. A little goes a long way with this cleanser and even with just a small pea sized amount and a tad of warm water, it creams up a treat. If like myself you have quite sensitive skin, this is great for you as it contains lavender oil and rose absolute which helps to calm the skin. What a lovely way to gently exfoliate the skin too as the consistency is slightly rough but will leave the skin lovely and soft. 


Hope you enjoyed this huge Lush winter post. Check out their website here and scroll through the endless amount of fun, bubble bars, body conditioners and more. My Christmas isn't the same without Lush products to comfort me and help me smell delicious. 

Have you picked anything up from their winter collection? Stay close by as a Lush haul will be up soon.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Ooo reading this has got me so excited for their christmas collection, I can't wait to pick up a few pieces :) I really want to try the Holly Golightly bubble bar this year and definitely need some snow fairy in my life again!
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I felt so Christmassy after the event. Everyone has to have a bit of snow fairy in your life right :) Thanks for reading! xo

      Delete
  2. It sounds like it was such a fun event! I've seen bits of the Christmas range in store and it's so hard resisting to buy it all! x

    thesundaychapter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun. Honestly I could so easily buy it all and have to limit myself every time I go into the shop. Thank you for reading and commenting xo

      Delete
  3. This looks incredible - I love how hands on you were able to get too! I adore the smell of Lush..I literally can't walk by a store without popping in for a nose around! Very excited for the Christmas collection! x

    flawedfairytale || Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was great. I know same here, I always have a look around when I pass the stores. Thanks for commenting xo

      Delete
  4. Just discovered you in instagram :) I love Lush, their stuff is so amazing! I uploaded a post about the Christmas LE, too :)
    www.tarasemira.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! I know, I'm so addicted to Lush. xo

      Delete