Friday, October 23, 2015

Nanokeratin refining shampoo and mask: making my hair manageable




Knotty, damaged and very dry best describes my hair. Long have I wanted soft to the touch hair that my fingers can just glide through with ease. So when these landed through my door, I couldn't wait to try them out and see if they could work their magic.

The normal shampoos I use are either the Catwalk Oatmeal one or a trusted Herbal Essence which might not be the best, but they work well with my hair and its condition. I find that some shampoos can make my hair quite greasy quickly and tend to only wear it down for one day and they its up in the standard pineapple hairstyle we all sport. The shampoo is nice, although after washing it out it sort of felt that it had dried my hair out (if that even makes sense). It didn't lather up much compared to other shampoos and was tough to get the amount from the sachet to cover all of my long locks, but overall was good in terms of application. 

Normally I'm not a huge fan of using masks because, if I'm honest I'm lazy. I want to get in and then out done and dusted. This attitude to hair care in the shower has changed as this mask actually has been working wonders on my hair. I applied it and left it a few minutes whilst I did the other shower stuff and then washed it out. Instantly my hair felt silkier, smoother, more tame and not as knotty. As I expected once dry it was easy to work with and was less knotty and actually felt smooth to the touch. I was able to go a couple of days wearing my hair done until it went greasy. 

I had never heard of this shampoo and hair mask before, but am so happy I've now been introduced as I will be hunting this down. I'm not sure I'll purchase the shampoo, but the hair mask is one of the nicest I've used. 

Do you use hair masks? Or have you tried this brand before?

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I really need to get into using hair masks, my hair is such a knotty matted mess when it's wet from too much colouring over the years! Do you use a wide toothed comb to work through your conditioner in the shower? I've found that's made a big difference to mine :)
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for advice on using a wide toothed comb! I've been told that helps but I'm yet to try it out. Honestly I can't explain how much nicer my hair is after using a hair mask too!! xo

      Delete
  2. I also have super knotted hair, i keep a aqua tangle teezer in the shower to brush through my conditioner.. really find it helps! I've never heard of this brand, but it looks interesting! xx

    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a great tip to have a TT in the shower! xo

      Delete