Thursday, October 29, 2015

Bedside beauty revisited


Beauty doesn't just finish when I wash my face and blast through my evening skincare routine, it follows me to bed. I have a few key products I use when in bed and a couple were featured in my last 'night stand' beauty post but theres also a few newbies.


My Lumie light is my evening saviour and swear by it and turn it on at the same time as when I light my Orla Kiely candle which smells lovely and was a TKMaxx find. As standard my This Works deep sleep spray and balm are used the majority of the time. As well as using my Lumie to slowly get myself in sleep mode the This Works products help with that too. The Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist is a newbie and even though I haven't had it long, I already feel like it's going to be a staple. I use this more so if I did my evening skincare quite early in the evening and my skin starts to feel dry or in the morning giving it a quick boost. My lips get incredibly dry in the colder months and the EOS lipbalm is my chosen balm right now. It does the job and is nice to be able to apply lip balm and not have to use your fingers. Most evenings I have to touch up my nails in some sort of way, more so in terms of filing. I snag or break my nails often as they're not the strongest and use this glass nail file that was a gift. It's brilliant and allows me to rectify the issue really quickly, perfect for someone who's always desperate to get in bed and sleep. My hands are also a body part that suffers from the colder months and hand cream is an essential for me. This hand cream was in my hotel room from a friends wedding from the summer and seems to do a really nice job. 



Do you have any products sitting on your nightstand? 

xoxo



6 comments:

  1. I have my glasses, reading book, phone, hand cream and that's about it!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good selection! And isn't hand cream a must, especially this time of year xo

      Delete
  2. Love this blog post, never seen this idea before :)
    I keep a hand cream, lip balm, nail file and nail serum by my bed! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good shout on the serum front! Not really thought about keeping one there xo

      Delete
  3. This is a really great post! Really enjoyed it, I have a hand cream, moisturiser and a massive glass of water! xx

    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, a massive glass of water is a must. I seem to sleep with my mouth open as a sore throat is something I wake up to a lot. xo

      Delete