Thursday, October 8, 2015

A beauty bloggers haul


A recent trip to a Fenwick beauty event and a shopping day in London, meant that a few beauty purchases were made. The majority of things I h'd been longing for for a while and when I'm in my happy shopping frame of mind I tend to work through my wish list and this is what happens. 

First stop was the Fenwick Canterbury beauty event. They've got quite a nice range of different brands however need to bring in some more like Charlotte Tilbury (I really hope it happens). I went straight over to Benefit as recently Lisa Potter-Dixons YouTube has been on repeat for me and have noticed a number of Benefit products creeping onto my list. I'd seen a few reviews of Air Patrol and wasn't convinced until I saw a quick demo on Instagram and was amazed with the sort of base it created ready for eyeshadow. They're Real is a Benefit product I'll never not have in my make up collection, in black, and in blue. Blue mascara takes me back to the 90s and I used to wear it in my early teenage years at secondary school. I'm yet to bust this out but a night out next week I feel will be the perfect time. 

I have a Mac 15 pro pan palette that's full and two quads with one free space, which naturally meant I needed one more to complete my palettes. I went ahead and purchased coppering which is a beautiful and obviously copper shade with a tad shimmer. Around Autumn time I start to wear a lot of reds, berries and coppers on my eyes, lips and nails and looks stunning with green eyes. 

Selfridges was the first place I headed to in London as I knew I wanted to has a long and lengthy browse at Charlotte Tilbury. Such beautifully packaged make up and the quality is just amazing. I ended up just going for an eye shadow pencil in Amethyst Aphrodisiac. Being a bit of a fan of purple shadow I was instantly drawn to this beautiful purple shade in the collection which is matched with green eyes (perfect). I'd seen these shadow pencils on numerous blogs and the longevity of them apparently is great so I can't wait to start trying this out. Not living anywhere near Selfridges and London in general I didn't know that Lloyds pharmacy was in Selfridges and rushed there knowing full well they sold Bioderma and the mini ones! No other reason for this purchase other than look how cute it is.

For this last group of products I've got to pass some of the influence to a good handful of bloggers that are part of my regular feed. Pixi beauty has been popping up everywhere and now having a store just off Carnaby street, a visit had to happen. Glow Tonic has been part of my skincare routine for a good while now and really do enjoy the product a lot. I picked up the Glow Peel pads which have a crazy 20% Glycolic Acid instead of 5% in the Tonic. I've started using these once a week as a little treatment. My last purchase was the Hydrating Milky Mist. As winter is vast approaching, so is my dry and dehydrated skin which I'm hoping will be helped by this light and cooling spritz. The lovely ladies in Pixi gave away a few minis which made my day. They're great for travelling but mostly, are just so blood cute.

Beauty spending is off the cards for a few weeks for me. Any of this on your wish list?

xoxo





4 comments:

  1. great post dear! I love your blog:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really really want to try that hydrating milky mist, it sounds amazing and just what my skin needs at the moment! I think I'm going to have to add some Pixi skincare bits to my birthday/christmas lists :)
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly you need some Pixi in your life. They have some great skincare bits, and make up! xo

      Delete