Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A make up change up



The weather drops and I'm the first one to grab the scarf out of the wardrobe but when it comes to my make up I like to hang onto the summer. I like to try and live out of a make up bag on a daily basis otherwise it would take me hours to get ready digging through my entire collection. I tend to swap around what I have in my make up bag every month or so and at the moment I am really enjoying the group of products I have right now. 

In terms of base I've been starting with the Burberry luminous fluid base all over the areas I want that extra glow (the cheek bones, down the nose and under the brow). It's a. Lovely formula and gives just the right amount of glow to look natural and sun kissed. Being a light base girl the Diorskin Nude BB has quickly become my most used base product. Being so easy to slap on with minimal buffing into the skin it just makes your skin look a tad more awake than normal. In terms of coverage it's obviously not the most effective being a BB cream but some dark patches are lightened. 

Contouring is something I'm not really doing right now. I'm not sure why this has slipped away from my everyday routine but right now I'm pretty happy with just a pop of colour on the cheeks. Every time I just look at this Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chick packaging my hearts melts. You need a really light hand with this especially with the bright colour in the middle being so pink and pigmented. Tapping off the excess with this one is vital! 

Now onto the eyes which I've been keeping super simple. The Nars Smudge Proof primer is my go to right now as it does the job and never fails. I know that my eye make up will be on and remain looking pretty good all day even after teaching for 6 hours which might include a couple of dance classes. This Loreal nude palette is full of every day wearable shades and are really pigmented and affordable. It's a great palette for travelling as daytime and nighttime eye make up can be done with this one palette. To make my lashes appear a bit fuller I've been pressing in some black eyeliner from Collection. I saw this little trick in a Lisa Potter-Dixon video and haven't stopped doing it since as it does actually give the illusion of fuller thicker lashes. Without going into too much detail (baring in mind this mascara has been mentioned on the blog an incredible amount) Benefit They're Real is and will be my favourite mascara to use. The length it gives your lashes and also the hold power of it is amazing and if you haven't tested it out, you must. 

Lastly for lips I've been sticking with my NARS satin lip pencil in Rikugien which I got in a Glossybox. Being a pinky nude it's so easy to apply and also wearable during the day and evening. It's slightly glossy which I'm ok with as I'm normally a matte lip wearer but this is the perfect amount of gloss. It doesn't last an incredible amount of time on the lips but doesn't bother me for during the day.


Has your make up routine changed recently along with the weather? 

Do you use any of these products?
Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. These are great products! I am loving the makeup bag. I mostly change my foundation and lip stick shades and go for berries and dark shades.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the bag as a Christmas present so not sure where it's from. It's nice to change things up isn't it :) xo

      Delete