Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Clarins pick a mix



My local Clarins counter in Debenhams had a huge sign up saying 'A bag of samples for each customer' so naturally I went over to have a ganders. The deal was that you would have quite an in-depth skin consultaion and talk through the products you use and type of skin etc and get matched up with a Clarins routine and see how you get on. I think this is a great way to try out a brand you've never really tried before and is open to everyone!

The result of my consultation was that I had a typical oily T-Zone and dry cheeks (combination skin) and was asked about the specific products I was using. As a result of what my skin needs I was given the following products; Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser, Clarins Water Purity One Step Cleanser, Truly Matte Pore Minimizing Serum, Hydra-Matte lotion, Lotus Face Treatment Oil, Ever Matte Skin Balancing Foundation.

I've used all of the products religiously since picking them up and definitely have some favourites and some I'm really not sure of, so lets start with the ones I really got on with.

Yes I'll use that again: 

Clarins Water Purity One Step Cleanser I really enjoyed using (as a pre cleanser) as its so refreshing and instantly makes your skin feel fresh and just lovely. The mint is gorgeous as the cooling cleanser is wiped over your face. It was good as breaking down my makeup and leaving your skin feeling refreshed.

Hydra-Matte lotion I found worked a treat on my skin. It's the only moisturiser that I've put on that doesn't male my skin feel really tacky and caked. It immediately sunk into my skin to the point were there was no trace. It didn't completely mattify my skin but just helped with the worse areas. I used this morning and night and acted as a great base for my base make up.

Ever Matte Skin Balancing Foundation Well, I feel this is the top dog of the bunch. I love this foundation. Such a perfect match for me and actually worked at keeping my oiliness at bay! I didn't powder when testing this out and could get away with wearing the foundation all day and it remained on my face with just a little oil showing, but a lot less than normal. If you have oily skin/combination I would totally recommend this foundation. Obviously this is me raving about how it is on my skin so grab a tester first and see how it works for you.

Truly Matte Pore Minimizing Serum, The effects of a serum are after a while of using the products so I can't really comment on that. It was nice to use and left a smooth feeling on the skin once applied and settled. It was quite a runny consistency and the sample didn't give you much product to try out. After a few weeks I could definitely see a reduction in my visible pores (which probably is a result of a combination of products if I'm honest).

No I won't be using that again:

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser, As cleansers go this was nice to use, just not my favourite of cleansers. I normally use a balm or gel cleanser and this just didn't feel nice on my skin for some reason and felt slightly drying on me. I stopped using this after a week or so as my skin just didn't like it. 

Lotus Face Treatment Oil, Is supposed to mimic the way your skin produces oil and once applied at night before bed your skin thinks that its already produced oil so doesn't..... I feel that this was the reason my skin broke out and in the mornings my face would be the shiniest ever. I didn't like the feeling of the oil on my skin in general so wouldn't use this again as I felt sort of suffocated.

Overall my skin did change in the month I used these products. My pores reduced in size and my oily t-zone did reduce and seemed to be a lot more controllable instead of your face looks wet. I definitely think this system's good as it helps you try out products that you might not have thought about trying before. 

Have you ever tried Clarins?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment