Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hand luggage only?


Choosing to not have any hold luggage is nice and a quicker overall process. Your not waiting ages for the luggage to come off the plane and worrying whether it got 'lost' or not. This summer I'm going away on two holidays both flying with easyJet and I've chosen to just take hand luggage away with me on both of my trips.  I take a small suitcase that fits into the overhead lockers and also a small under arm bag. For a beauty obsessive this is hard as your limited to the amount of liquid you can take. It's cut throat and not everything makes the cut, so heres how I get around it.

Of course the usual items make the cut to help get through the flight which include my Kindle (which is the old one but still going strong). I tend to purchase a magazine whilst in airport too. My phone is will obviously come along with me and just incase I over use it or my Kindle I have my PNY power bank which gives one full charge (perfect for a short flight). Lastly my RayBan sunglasses ready for landing as I suffer with a lot of head aches from squinting too much. 

Now on to the beauty:

The only product I will actually actively use whilst on the plane is the Dr PawPaw balm. My lips tend to get really chapped whilst around air con so need to keep them nourished. It's really great as it's multi purpose and can be used on dry skin, lips and even a hair smoother. 

Every item you take on board thats a liquid has to be 100ml or less and must fit in the clear bag the airport provide. This makes it hard to take everything I use on a daily basis, so cut right back and don't take things like serums and masks. Miniatures are your best friend and get everything from skincare to shower stuff in a miniature size. This bag of liquids has to go through the scanner on its own and out of your suitcase and must be able to do up. 



Everything else that you can't spray or pour can remain in your suitcase and doesn't need inspection. In this bag I have things like lipsticks, emergency face wipes and eyeshadows (I'll add brushes and tools to this nearer the time after washing them). 



I obviously would love to take more so I had stuff to choose from however this is what I have chosen to work with. It's not as bad as people think and I do manage a week on this just fine. 

Next time you go away think about whether you actually need to have hold luggage and whether you could make your journey easier by just having hand luggage?

Have you done this before?

xoxo

1 comment: