Monday, August 17, 2015

For the love of coconuts


Coconut water some think of as a marmite thing, you either love it or hate it. I for one absolutely love it and use it in so many different ways. Last month I was kindly sent this amazing package from Vita Coco* (which I was over the moon with) and thought I'd share with you the different ways I like to use coconut water as well as just drinking it straight from the carton. It's taken me a while to create this post as I wanted to test out various recipes over time to give you a more than accurate post.

Myself and Tony love a good morning smoothie or juice in our house and use coconut water as the liquid base for them. I don't really follow any recipes but chuck random stuff in and hope for the best (which sometimes fails). Our favourite recipe out of them all is the one pictured below:

Green smoothie- Coconut water, avocado, spinach, frozen mango, a teaspoon of honey and one banana.



I do really enjoy drinking Vita Coco water on its own straight from the carton. It's great for hot sunny days as it helps to hydrate you and makes you feel quite refreshed. Being low in fat, good for your skin, helps digestion, rich in nutrients and helps reduce blood pressure this drink is a godsend. 




Welcome to our fridge, constantly stocked up with coconut water and have branched into the flavoured ones too (Lemonade one being my ultimate favourite). 

I also like to use the original *Vita Coco coconut water in my porridge as it makes it quite light to eat and a bit more easy to digest. It's nice to top it with Deliciously Ella granola and some fruit which makes it such a lovely wholesome breakfast. 


Another way you can use Coconut water is when making pancakes. I use gluten free flour as I have a slight intolerance to it and also my sister can eat them too so pass the recipes on. Again the coconut water helps to make the pancakes light and gives a slight tropical taste which prevents them being too stodgy and heavy. I use the coconut oil to grease the pan when cooking and also as a face mask and tooth whitener (let me know if you would like to see a post on this). 




There are many reason as to why its good to drink Coconut water and many ways in which you could include it into your daily/weekly routine without you even noticing you've used it. 

Are you a Vita Coco fan? Do you enjoy drinking Coconut water? 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment