Friday, July 31, 2015

My Berlin diary


Berlin was never a place that appeared on my destination wish list, but now it appears in capitals. I can't recommend it enough. There's so much to see, so much to do and lots of places to eat and drink. Our trip was for three nights and two days of purely site seeing, visiting places like the Berlin Cathedral, Berlin Zoo and Potsdamer Platz. It was the perfect length of time to enable us to see everything we wanted to. 

Our hotel which was within the Wilmersdorf area. It was a 25 minute walk straight up the road to Berlin Zoo. But if you don't fancy walking everywhere there is a tube station just a minute up the road.



Berlin Zoo was amazing and was very well priced! They had such a vast a ray of animals including a Polar Bear in nice big enclosures.
Currywurst and chips from a small place just outside the Zoo. 
Brandenburg Gate
Jewish memorial 


Checkpoint Charlie
A section of the Berlin wall
Some delicious food in the City Mall



The underground is so easy to use and only cost 7.40 Euros for the entire day in all zones!

So of you may not know but I'm unable to eat any dairy so to be able to have a milkshake and a chocolate croissant was heavenly.
These photobooths are dotted around Berlin and if your not looking for them may miss them. This one was left out of Schönhauser Allee underground along Shönhauser Allee road.
Berlin Cathedral was breathtaking.
The longest remaining part of the Berlin wall which is called East Side Gallery is covered in amazing graffiti. Would highly recommend visiting.
My first ever Wok to Walk was so scrummy and the ice tea was beaut.
Altes museum
Berlin Cathedral


At the Panoramapunkt viewpoint in Potsdamer Platz was such a nice way send off your trip. 
Meal from the last night in Berlin. We chose the Hard Rock Cafe near to the Uhlandstraße underground.
All of the people we spoke to, asked directions from and bought something from were lovely, friendly and extremely helpful. The city of Berlin was very clean and had such a nice vibe whilst walking around during the day and evening. If you're looking for a city break full of history, beautiful architecture and home comforts like Starbucks around most corners Berlin is the place to go.

Have you been to Berlin before? Where did you stay?

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I spent four days in Berlin at the beginning of July, and I loved it!
    I went there with my class so we had some sort of schedule and did a lot of sightseeing, aka walking around the city from 9am to 9pm, and I still feel like I didn't get to see everything that I wanted to see.
    We stayed at a youth hostel located in Schöneberg, not far from the downtown area, which was definitely cheap but nothing I'd ever chose when I visit Berlin again.
    Did you go shopping at the Kurfürstendamm? That was dreamy, let me tell ya.
    Well, this turned into quite a long comment, didn't it? All in all, I loved being a total tourist in Berlin and I definitely want to go there again!

    Franzi. I [ franzizzy.blogspot.com ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. I'm so happy you've been there. It's such a great city and of course I haven't seen everything going but am happy to tick the majority of the main ones :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. I wanna go baaaaaaaaaaaaaack !

    xx

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already want to go back too! Its such a great place xoxo

      Delete