Sunday, June 14, 2015

NARS smudge proof eyeshadow base


Having greasy eyelids means one thing, eyeshadow never stays put. I find myself constantly on the hunt for a product which will allow my shadow to stay for at least a night out. I used to use the Urban Decay Primer Potion which is honestly amazing and would recommend it to anyone who has the same problem as me as it just completely mattified the area and glued any shadow onto my lid. However would never last an entire day on my eyelids. 

I got the idea of moving onto the NARS Smudge Proof because of the volume of love it receives and also I fancied a change. Let's face it, in true beauty blogger style you have at least a hand full of the same product, just different brands. 

Whats it like: It has a dofa applicator and the consistency of the actual product reminds me of a thick moisturiser or thick serum. When rubbed into your skin it almost instantly sinks in to create a rough feel ready for product to be put on top of it. 

Does it work: YES! It actually does work. The first day I used this I had it on from 6:30am - 7:30pm and yes I still had shadow on my eyelid. I will admit that it wasn't as vibrant as it was to begin with, however I had no creases (which is a win in my book). 

Compared to Urban Decay:
I feel like I can't compare this to the Urban Decay, just because it's been so long since I've used it. From what I remember of using it I do think I prefer NARS. Purely down to how long the NARS works on my eyelids. The Urban Decay was always really good but never did it last 13 hours in the way that the NARS one did. 

Do you use this product? Or do you have another favourite you could share with me?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I use the Urban Decay primer potion and a lot of people say that the Nars one is better, might purchase this instead of the UD one next x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it is a hard choice between the two, but the NARS is great! Go for it :) xo

      Delete
  2. I normally just use my foundation primer as an eyeshadow base. But this sounds amazing, so I might just have to invest in one of these - I love all Nars products.

    - www.veebzboo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does that work well? I've tried doing something similar but still creased on me xo

      Delete