Friday, June 12, 2015

Lumie desklamp review - preventing SAD


I don't know about you but in the evening I spend quite a bit of time at my desk either blogging, writing to do lists, working through my skincare routine or playing around with make up. What ever I'm doing it's generally dark outside and need to switch on the main room light to be able to see. I'd never thought about using a desklamp like this before until Lumie contacted me with the opportunity to try one out and share my thoughts with you guys.

Who is Lumie?

They're a company that create lights to help treat SAD (Seasonal affective disorder) and offer quite a wide range of styles and types to suit a variety of lifestyles. As well as helping to treat SAD they help out with falling asleep, waking up, and productivity.


* Stylish with an almost futuristic look
* Adjustable neck to help with reading or more intricate work
* Has four different light settings (soft light through to bright strong light)
* Touch control
* White LEDS, blue-enriched in the part of the spectrum known for regulating body clock







My opinion:

I literally can't stop using this lamp. If I need to go in my office I simply touch the lamp and its on, no need for waiting for my energy saving bulb to warm up (story of how my life used to be). I've noticed I tend to spend more time in the office since I got the lamp which must be down to how relaxed and happy it makes me feel. I'm also so much more productive whilst working next to this lamp and actually enjoy using it. A bold statement to make but honestly, I couldn't be without it now. It's definitely worth the £120 price tag for the long term benefits. If I could afford it I would have one at work, in my spare room at home, for my parents. The list is endless! 



Conclusion:

If you have the money to invest in a lamp that will last you ages and give you long term health benefits, I would highly suggest this as an option and yes helping your mood is a health benefit. I use it every day without fail and can feel a drastic difference in mood and productivity, and evenings are so much nicer working alongside this. I even find myself being told to finish what I'm doing and get to bed I spend that long in there. I just enjoy being in the office working, just me and my Lumie lamp. 

What do you think? Are you interested? Do you know anyone that would benefit from one?

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic review, I've never heard of this brand personally but I love the look of it and I know it'll be right up my boyfriends street :) great work x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete