Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A mid week mani


I'm constantly changing up my nail varnish, I'd say every two or three days and right now its between this little group. I like to take time painting my nails and see it as a bit of me   pamper time. After a nice soak in the bath, or a relaxing long shower and a nice warm green tea I'm ready to get my nail bar on. 

It might sound gross but I like to use the Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover as mine tend to grow quite fast. Putting this along the cuticles for a minute or so and pushing them down with a wooden nail tool and they come straight off, like they've been dissolved. It really is fab and much easier than what some nail shops do and cut them off with teeny tiny scissors. Thats the only prep I do before painting my nails. Simple quick and no fuss.

Acrylic nails for seven months hasn't done my real nails any good and their now paying for it so I'm having to use the Essie ridge filling base coat to try and get them back into good shape. It helps to hide the terrible state that my nails are in and help to smooth out the surface of them so when polish is on it looks more or less smooth and normal. It's always such a hard decision to make choosing what colour to paint my nails with. I have favourites which I always go back to but recently I've been working my way round this little group from left to right:

Nails Inc Westbourne Grove which is great for adding a bright pop of colour but needs a few coats to get a complete opaque finish. 
Essie Bikini so Tiny is a lovely pastel blue with a hint of shimmer. Its very pretty but find that it can come out uneven. 
Ciate Pepperminty is my alternative to Essie Mint Candy Apple and is I would say one of my most used pastel polishes. 
Rimmel Coralicious such a perfect orangey red and looks even nicer on tanned skin (perfect holiday polish). It also has the benefit of a 60 second dry which everyone can appreciate.
Barry M Prickly Pear confuses me as it's not the colour of a pear but hey ho it's super pretty, girly and a lovely lilac pastel. It's high shine and has such a lovely finish.

To complete my little pamper nail sesh I always end it with my Seche Vite which is (in my opinion) the best top coat ever. It drys so quite, drys with a high shine and helps to make my polish last a lot better than when I don't use it.

Do you own any of these polishes? Do you have any to recommend? 

Happy nail painting!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Bikini So Teeny is one of my favourite nail polishes ever!

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it too but find it a hard polish to get an even coat on for some reason xo

      Delete