Thursday, May 7, 2015

My new holy grail brush cleanser


Cleaning your make up brushes is one of those things that none of us enjoy doing (lets face it, it's a little tedious). Having said this I've found a product that makes it an easier job that I find to actually be enjoyable because of how great this product is. In the past I'd used the Mac brush cleanser which is really good, but was on the look out for a cheaper alternative. 

I'd seen the bottles of Dr Bronner soap is TKMaxx for a while and in the end got one to just have in the house, as the label states that it's 18 in 1 so thought it would come in handy for something. Having used any shampoo I had hanging around to clean my brushes it was time for a change. I was pleasently surprised as to how well the Dr Bronner cleaned my brushes. There was no struggle and no elbow grease involved. Just a running tap, a drop of this on the end of the brush facing down and the make up just ran straight out. I like to give the end of the bristles a little massage whilst under the running tap as it helps the product break down the make up. I have only tried this scent which smells divine but am now hooked using this as my brush cleaner.

It really is worth it and isn't something that will break the bank (not too sure how much I paid for this). I'm not even half way through this bottle and am already thinking about stocking up whenever I see them in TKMaxx. The packaging is quite nice too and looks pretty smart and tidy standing on the side of the bath or the sink. 

What do you use as your brush cleaner? Have you used this?

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I have just been cleaning my brushes using baby shampoo, but I really need to get my hands on this soap. I have heard so much good things about it.
    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby shampoo is a great idea too! Must give that a go :) I hope you like the Dr Bronner! Xo

      Delete
  2. I use the dr bronner's soap for babies to clean my brushes, it's seriously great!

    Samantha Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion!! I'll keep that in mind xo

      Delete
  3. I've been using Dr Bronner's for a couple of years now! Love how well it works and a bottle lasts for ages too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really does last such a long time! xo

      Delete