Thursday, May 21, 2015

Matching eyes and lips


A few posts have gone by now where I've either mentioned a red lip or a red eye but haven't gone that step further to mention them together, until today. Is it a thing that people do? I remember when it was a taboo to match your make up in such a way, however feel that now we have more room to play around and try out things that back in the day were a no go. 

When going for a red lip I've been choosing to prime my lips before starting my make up with the Models Own lip balm in Blackberry. It's a balm however stays put as a bit of a stain and starts off your berry lip. Doing exactly what you need it to do its perfect before the real deal. Talking of real deal, the Mac lip pencil in Beet has rocketed to quite a well used product in my collection (having had to sharpen it 3 times already since I bought it). it's creamy, easy to apply and stays put through food and drink. If I'm feeling more of a deep red instead of berry I'm popping on the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Red Carpet. This again is a great stayer however takes slightly longer to apply because of how matte it is but is still gorgeous to wear. 

Moving onto eyes I'm rotating between either Mac's Cranberry or Antiqued (both of which have featured on the blog before). Cranberry is the brighter of the two and really enjoy this on the eye alone with Beet as they have a real pop of colour about them. Antiqued I sometimes pop in the crease but alone looks great with the Charlotte Tilbury lipstick. I also like to wear the Maybelline cream shadow in Pomegranate which looks very similar to Antiqued on the lid however just a tad brighter.

Are you a matcher? Give it a go! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

* Watch out for a post a day next week while I'm on half term*

xoxo




2 comments:

  1. We love the berry eye and lip look! Sometimes we like to match out lips and eyes too. It's such an easy way to tie the whole look together

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree! So many people don't like matching but it gives such a different effect xo

      Delete