Saturday, April 11, 2015

It's all about the base by Rimmel


Having taken full advantage of the most recent 3 for 2 offer in Boots I finally treated myself to the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation in Ivory. There is so much love for Rimmel bases and having not tried any before, so I chose this. 

Shade- The shade range is pretty good and was happy to find they went pale enough to match my skin tone which I can honestly say is pretty much spot on. I could probably go lighter however like to give my face a little more colour as your face sees the sun more anyway. 

Formula- Its quite thick however not really thick and gloopy. When applying it to your skin it feel really light, very similar to how the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser feels on the skin. It has quite a strong fragrance to it which isn't off putting but is quite strong. Theres no need to have to really buff this into the skin as it's effortless to blend and sits on the skin very lightly for a full coverage base. It covers well and reduces the amount of concealer I need to wear. It does well to cover my rosy cheeks but I still feel better wearing my green cheek primer. 

Staying power- I haven't had the opportunity to wear it for a whole 25 hours however for a whole day of 9-9 it did pretty good and when cleansing I had to use quite a few cotton pads to get it all off my face. Even at the end of the day when looking in the mirror it was clear that I had something on my face but didn't look too oily or dry. 

To op it off it has a pump!!

Have you tried this foundation or another from Rimmel? What do you think?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment