Monday, April 27, 2015

Covering up dark circles


I'm not one that suffers with terrible dark circles, however can get them quite bad having gone a few evenings with little sleep. I'm not too bothered about them for work but if they decide to appear ready for the weekend when I have something planned I like to use a couple of different products to ensure they are under control (and can't be seen).

I first go in with the Bobbi Brown Corrector (which I am dangerously running low on) and lightly pat this directly underneath my eye and bring it down slightly onto the top of the cheeks which help to blend it in. It really helps to neutralise the dark circles and brighten the entire area. It's easy to blend into the skin with a patting motion and does a good job at sticking around. 

After correcting I go in and put on my foundation and do a few other steps before going in with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer . I sweep underneath the eye from the centre (by my nose) all the way out. I find I get a better coverage applying it in a line rather than dotting it on. I usually dabb it into the skin with the Real Techniques Buffing brush however some days like to use my fingers.This concealer is great at covering anything at all, is a dream to blend and really affordable!

You might already know that I am a big fan of the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder which don't get me wrong, is lush! But for a while I've gotten back into using the Elf HD Powder specifically for around my eye area. The reason behind this is that I find the Elf powder to gone on a lot lighter, makes the skin feel super soft and seems to flatten out the appearance of lines and circles. Its a bit messy and the packaging gets so dirty but this powder is great


How do you cover yours?!

xoxo

2 comments: