Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Allergy safe Banana Bread- no need for butter


A bunch of bananas have sat in the fruit bowl for some time, and before I knew it they were over ripe and a bit manky looking. I had a recipe for a banana bread cake from a while ago and made a few changes and this actually came out pretty good.

If you have some over ripe bananas feeling unloved, give this a go!

Ingredients: 3 over ripe bananas (more if you have them), 2 cups Gluten free self raising flour, 1 cup of brown sugar, 2 eggs, xanthan gum, 1 tsp vanilla extract, half a tsp of ground cinnamon, a splash of milk if needed (I used almond milk).

Instructions

Step 1: Grab a bowl and break up all of your bananas and mash up with a fork until it resembles something similar to babies food.

Step 2: Once your bananas are mashed I added the sugar all at once and mixed well (still using a fork). 

Step 3: Mix in both eggs until completely combined and has a very running constancy. 

Step 4: Very gradually add in the flour, Xanthan gum, cinamon and vanilla to the mix and beat until smooth (still using a fork).

Step 5: Put the batter into a tin. As you can see in the picture I used a cake tin as I don't own a loaf tin. It didn't come out as good as it could of but still tasty and edible. 

I baked for 40 minutes at 180 degrees C. 

Enjoy the recipe! If you give it a go please tag me in it. I enjoy this best when you've re-heated it with some soya custard.....yummm.

Much love
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. looks lovely!

    http://www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete