Sunday, April 19, 2015

Updated haircare routine


Having checked out an article in Stylist magazine on looking after our hair in the same way we look after our skin, it made me realise just how little thought I was giving to my hair routine. So naturally, I went hair shopping, did some research and got my act together and here's my vamped routine.

Philip Kingsley- Elasticizer- £16 - I use this a couple of times a week, the main reason because it's pricey! It's a pre-shampooing product that is supposed to help repair your hair from continuous dying and styling. I've seen a difference having used this frequently and my hair just feels tougher, like it can handle more without getting damaged quickly and snapping. 

Garnier Marvellous Transformer shampoo- £2.79 - When having a bath at my parents I noticed this on the side and gave it a shot. I was so impressed even after just one wash my hair was smooth without being too smooth and greasy looking. I do find I have to alternate my shampoo as my hair kind of gets used to them so when I don't use the Garnier one I like to use the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew- £5.99 It's great and seems to take away the dullness that can happen with bleached hair and does make it soft to the touch.

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew conditioner- £5.99 - I bought the shampoo and conditioner on an offer in Boots (at the moment it's 3for2) and It's ok, I'm not crazy about it, but I guess it does what it's supposed to. Conditioning is a step that I feel I need to do but I'm not fussed over because I know the next product will be there.

Loreal Mythic Oil- £16.49 -I swear by this oil and it really does a super job. I use it whilst my hair is still wet and also once I've dried it. It really helps to nourish the ends of your hair and keep it tame (perfect if you have frizzy ends).

Do you look after your hair in the way you should? Do you use any of these products? What's your favourite hair care product?

Happy hair Monday!
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. me too I swear by Mythic Oil! I got it in one of those beauty box and I am loving it.
    nice post :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so great and really does help to keep my frizzy dry hair smooth and calm xo

      Delete
  2. me too I swear by Mythic Oil! I got it in one of those beauty box and I am loving it.
    nice post :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete