Monday, March 2, 2015

My birthday face


First of all I must apologise for not doing a Sunday post this week. I fancied having a day off to really enjoy by birthday with my family, I'm sure you all understand.

So for todays post I felt like sharing my make up choices for my big 27. A look that was quick and easy *story of my make up life. It does include a new lipstick which Tony bought me and chose himself. What a keeper. So ... "whats on you face" I hear you cry!

Birthday #FOTD:

Base-
I started by using the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser as I wanted something very natural as I was just staying in at my parents house and didn't need something full coverage. I skipped things like highlighting and contouring and just swept some Mac Peaches over my cheeks for a bit of a fresh faced look.

Brows-
I was feeling ever so lazy this morning and went for the easy option for my brows. Just an angled brush and some Mac Brun shadow and just set it with some Miss Sporty clear mascara. This is my fast option for brows and does end up quite a nice natural look.

Eyes-
Curling my eyelashes is something I could not live without, and for that job the Kevin Aucoin eyelash curlers do the trick perfectly. I know there is so much hype for the Shu Uemura ones however I love the KA ones and feel no need to swap. For shadow base I used the Laura Mercier eyeshadow cream and used Mac Mulch in the crease to add some definition. I have really tried to stick to using the Maybelline falsies mascara and am starting to love it.

Lips-
To my surprise a present from Tony was a lipstick from Nars. This is my second Nars product ever so I was pretty excited when I opened it. The shade is called Grace and it's a pink/red and is just beautiful. Lovely creamy formula that has lasted virtually all day through drinking and eating (lots of it btw). Expect a write up soon. I'm totally obsessed with this lipstick already and would love some more suggestions if any of you have any.

All in all an effortless, fresh, quick, pretty make up look that is easy to re-create. Hope you all have a lovely day, see you Wednesday.

Happy Monday
xoxo


10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday for last week, I hope you had a great day. It sounds like you have found the ideal boyfriend if he buys you the right lipstick!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I know what a keeper :) xo

      Delete
  2. you look great, happy belated birthday!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how perfect and yet completely natural your brows look! Good for you that you don't even have to spend much time on them to make them look like this ^.^


    http://la-fille-lumineuse.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I take most of my time on my eyebrows and love how brows really do change your face. Thanks for reading xoxo

      Delete