Friday, March 13, 2015

Benefit Curls Best friend #birchbloggers event









When I received an email inviting me to the Benefit Curls a Best Friend pop up store in Soho with Birchbox I instantly replied thank you and I'll be there. I'd heard so much about this pop up store I just had to go. The ground floor has a few tables where you can sit and have a drink with some music on and a nice atmosphere. The second floor has some brow bars, hair bars and a make up area where you can have any look created for you. The final floor was a cocktail bar with dimmed lighting, delicious cocktails and a place to sit and chill.

To start the evening we were greeted with a choice of any cocktail from the menu. I went for an evita spritz which was a sparkling elderflower cocktail and was so lovely and refreshing.  We had a good twenty minutes to mingle, chat and as bloggers do take pictures of everything. It was lovely having this time at the beginning to get to know some of the other ladies whilst sipping on scrummy cocktails. Oh so very sophisticated for a Wednesday evening when I'm normally snuggled in a blanket sipping on ginger tea in my hello kitty slippers. 

The lovely makeup artist that is Lisa Potter-Dixon who works fro benefit took us through three staple looks that have been created for all three of benefits oh so popular mascaras. *Click HERE for the looks and to get a hold of a sample. The first of the looks was 'Peach' and was created for the Roller lash mascara. A fresh and natural look where Hoola bronzer was used on the lips to create a nude lip. Yes ladies and gentlemen you heard me correctly, and yes it did look fab and I will be trying it pronto. The second was the 'Under smoke' look adapted from your normal smokey eye however taken underneath the bottom lash line. Bad girl mascara was used here to created really thick and voluminous lashes. The third and final look was 'Pantone Pick Me Up' which I have to say was my favourite out of the three. Mixing a lipstick and some benetint together it created this gorgeous cranberry colour all over the lids and blended it out. By adding the 'They're Real' mascara you were able to really flick out the corner lashes which finished the look.

Overall It was a lovely evening with Benefit and Birchbox where I was able to meet some lovely fellow bloggers, eat cupcakes that I shouldn't have eaten, drank cocktails and talked beauty and got my hair done by an awesome stylist. So thank you Benefit and Birchbox!

Do you like any of the looks? Have you or will you try any?

Much love
Xoxo

6 comments:

  1. your hair looks amazing! i love hoola and i've never thought about applying that to my lips so i shall be having a bash at that - thanks for the post.
    love jen | jennifer's journal x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I know, amazing ey!? xo

      Delete
  2. Nice hair dear!
    i'm following you via GFC, kindly follow back
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hairstyle is amazing and so creative xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The hair stylist said what do you want done and I said whatever she wanted to do and this is how it came out! I was chuffed. xo

      Delete