Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The usual lip product suspects


I can't be the only one who ends up with a bunch of lipsticks/lip products because 'you just never know'. I'll go out wearing a pinky nude and then after lunch fancy a bold lip and low and behold I will have a few to choose from. I'm not sure how I end up with at least 6 different lip products in my bag, but it gets to a time where I go into the lipstick section in my collection and notice a big dent and think to myself......now what bag did I last have. 

So on this day, the lip products I have in my bag are:

Models own- Blackberry: IF you need something sheer with a hint of colour that is super hydrating and moisturising for your lips all at the same time, then this is the guy for you. I've been a lover of this for a few years now and Sammi over at The Beauty Crush got me into it. It give enough colour to make it look like you have taken quite a while to apply. Such a nice dark berry colour and perfect for people who are afraid of a bold lip.

Collection creme puff- Cotton Candy: A product that doesn't get much attention for some crazy reason. I literally love these and for the price, they are an absolute steal. They dry matte and give such a great colour pay off when applied and after an hour on the lips. It has a sponge applicator which I like using more than I though. The crime puffs are products you can chuck on without a mirror with ease and are great if your off out somewhere and need to slap a bit of colour on.

Mac -Ruby Woo: Ok so my previous two are easy to wear throw on products. This one is the complete opposite. I always make sure to have a red with me at all times, because you just never know when your going to need one. This is one of my most favourite reds I own which is the same for a lot of people. Creates such a bold statement lip with a touch of vintage and class about it. Yes I have to use a mirror to apply it, but it's so worth it.

Clinique chubby stick - Mimosa: This particular shade is very much like the collection cremem puff but shearer. If I don't fancy a bright, or a sheer red I go for this. Gives a little gloss to the lips with a your lips but better boost. Another easy to apply product that. Will never fail to perk up a face that screams 'It's been a hard day'.

Maybelline colour drama- Light it up: Having included this in a few posts now and seen these on so many different instagrams and so on, it's clear that these are one of the most wanted right now. They are such a soft formula, nice to apply, long lasting and incredibly high in colour pay off. I find this easier to apply that MAC Ruby Woo so if I cam short on time I head straight to this one. 

Please tell me there are other people out there that do this! Comment below with your usual suspects.

Thanks for reading
Xoxo

16 comments:

  1. great post !!

    love the maybelline lipsticks looks so good

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like to have a red and pink (just incase). Ruby Woo is my red of choice & Urban Decay Jilted is my favourite pink! Great post thanks for sharing!
    Bea
    www.thebeacollective.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOoooo I haven't tried out that Urban Decay lippie before, will check that out. xo

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful Mac shade :) Rebecca | www.rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I've been loving your blog a lot recently I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Check it out on my blog - http://franzizzy.blogspot.de/2015/02/my-very-first-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I've been loving your blog a lot recently I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Check it out on my blog - http://franzizzy.blogspot.de/2015/02/my-very-first-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. red lips always

    ellie xo
    http://thebeautifulunnecessary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Poppy! Just found your blog after a twitter fave & love it. The bourjois rouge edition are soooo nice! Recently tried out one myself! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Side note- I got your name wrong haha! I didn't know if it was poppy or jade haha! :)

      Delete