Monday, February 23, 2015

The joys of make up #FOTD

Growing up I had quite bad acne and the brightest red cheeks you've ever seen. Now I'm 27 my skin is much better however I still have the bright red cheeks that I desperately cover everyday and this make up look is something I go to most days when I'm not at work.

N7 colour primer-£10.50- I've done a post all about priming my face and have included this product in that HERE. It act as a great primer however if also diminishes my red cheeks like a pro. I use this every single day and really does help to even them out with the rest of my skin.

Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation- £9.99- My go to base at the moment. I'm totally loving using this as it can be used lightly and built up if you need it to be full coverage. Doesnt clump in my dry areas and is a great colour match for me. Certainly one of my all time drugstore foundations. 

Soap and Glory Archery- £8.00- Your probably all bored of me banging on about this product so I will leave it as that and link you to my brow post HERE.

Bourjois chocolate bronzer- £7.99- I went out last week and treated myself to another one of these having given my old one to my sister as I didn't get on with it at all. I must of been having an off time with make up as now I don't understand how I felt like that. It's a great bronzer! Affordable and smells amazing. I do find the shades are a bit iffy and I have to been so light handed when applying but when I do it right, I love the look when using it as a contour.

Naked palette- £38.00- A palette that everyone should own. Such beautiful colours and great for a day time look and then incredibly easy to transform the look to evening. In this look pictured I'm just wearing 'syn' all over the lid with some 'naked' in the crease to add a little definition. 

Nars lip pencil in Lodhi- £19.00- I got this in the Harvey Nichols Glossybox and love it so so much. Such a soft product that has great colour pay off and is easy to apply. My only downside I find is that it's not very long lasting, obviously compared to the matte versions. I wear it on days when I'm popping into town and have the time to re-apply every now and again. But this is defo not a night on the town lip product.

Maybelline Falsies mascara -£7.99- Since I discovered Maybelline mascaras a couple of months ago I've had a very on off relationship with them. This one the most. Having let it dry out slightly from quite a few usages I feel its done wonders for this product. It holds a curl better, not as gloomy, and actually easier to apply. I will persist with it and include a final verdict in an empties post.

I've had quite a few people asking if or when I'm going to go on YouTube and to do make up looks and stuff. Is it just me or this this scary for anyone? I mean filming myself and putting it on YouTube I am nervous just thinking about it. Did anyone else feel this when making this decision?

Thanks for reading you lovely bunch,
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youtube is definitely intimidating! Just do what's in your comfort zone at first :) Great post.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I'll stick to blogging for a while longer. Thanks for the encouragement :) xo

      Delete
  3. Maybelline is the best non-premium brand for mascara by far!

    Andrea x
    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am starting to see what all the fuss is about and loving using it! xo

      Delete