Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My love for lip pencils


Keeping along the same lines as Mondays post with the old 'longer lasting' make-up thing, I'm so into using lip pencils as my liner and full lipstick colour because of that reason. I've narrowed it down to the ones I use the most and find the best results from.

Rimmel: I have two lip pencils I always go to when I need them. One being 'Red Dynamite ' which is your typical bright red, and the other called 'Spice' which is a pinky brown. The formula for both is soft, a little rough and a little bit of dragging along the lips which is ok and I can deal with. They are so long lasting and I've gone through three of the 'Spice' shades because I love it that much. The 'Red Dynamite' is a very close match to MAC 'Cherry' lip liner but a tad less expensive! Overall the Rimmel lip pencils are a good price for a product that stands up to the tests with pretty good results.

NYX: This was found in a random make up sale in an outlet store and decided to grab it because I hadn't got a pink like this in my collection *perfect reason behind the purchase. A lot more of a softer formula than the Rimmel pencils and the shade is a gorgeous bubblegum pink colour, perfect for any girlie girl. Being a softer formula I feel this is the reason as to why this pencil isn't as long lasting as others I own. Don't get me wrong, it's still longer lasting than some lipsticks however easy to smudge by accident and seems to fade on the lips easier. 

Purminerals: TKMaxx is an awesome shop, full stop and its where I picked up this bad boy. A near enough perfect match to the very sort after Kylie Jenner 'Soar' lip liner but with a £1.99 price tag. The twist up end broke within the first half an hour of buying it which isn't ideal however persisting with it I can manage to get a small amount out, enough to apply there and then anyway. This has the softest formula and the easiest application of them all. Very minimal drag on the lips and with a brush on the other end you are able to drag and smudge the product over the lips because its that soft.. 

Are you a fan of lip pencils? Do you bother with them? Have you used any of these?

Happy hump day!
xoxo





2 comments:

  1. The NYX ones are great! MAC and Essence makes some of my favourites, too.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence? Oooo will look into that. Thanks for commenting :) xo

      Delete