Monday, February 16, 2015

Making make-up last longer


A family member asked the other day 'How can I make my make up last longer as it just feels like its completely gone by the end of the day'. I have my favourite products pictured above and went through each of them to my Aunt. So how do I make mine last longer?

Starting with a primer?- For people who have very sensitive skin like my sister primers are hard to find that don't react with her skin. In my case though my favourites are the Laura Mercier Primer and the Benefit Porefessional. Both very different however do the trick by prepping your skin ready for product and somehow just grabs onto your base make up and puts it under lock and key. There are others that I have used and have been happy with but these two are by far top of my primer love list. 

Locking make up in with powder?- I've recently found this Healthy Balance powder which is a great way to lock in and moisture which could be the issue as to why your make up has disappeared by the end of the day. This should be your best friend if you suffer with oily skin as can be re applied through out the day if needed, however when put on my t-zone in the morning I feel comfortable its still there when I get home.

Finishing with a spritz?- A fixing spray is a genius idea and without this I would still be using hairspray *don't try this at home I was silly and very young. The idea is that you spray a few pumps all over your face and it locks in your make up keeping it intact for longer. Mac aren't the only brand to do a fix spray, and another personal fav for this job is by Caudalie beauty elixir is also awesome and refreshes your make up whenever you feel needed. 

So there are a few options I've gone through which I hope helps anyone struggling to make their make up stay longer.

Would love to know your tricks!
xoxo

2 comments: