Friday, February 20, 2015

Fashion Friday - Brighton #OOTD


A day trip to Brighton with Tony was certainly on the cards as soon as his day off was agreed, so off we went at 9am for a little day trip. Even though we had nothing planned for the time we were there, I just love walking around the town and the Laines. So many nice shops to go in and great places to eat that have vegan options and thought I would share with you my outfit from the day.

I'm not very outgoing when it comes to fashion, give me some purple eyeshadow and a crazy bright lip and I'm all for it however I'm quite bog standard with my style. I felt some what brave on this day and busted out a hat from H&M ages ago. This is the first time I've ever worn this hat out and actually loved the way it looked with my outfit. I knew it was going to be windy so my hair was put up and the hat was chucked on.

Layering is key! Especially in Brighton on a windy, chilly day for four layers it was. The top is from Whistles sale maybe last year of the year before, black and white silk t -shirt that is just so easy to wear and can be dressed up or down. I had a sneaky cardigan over that from good old M&S that was a dark grey to add some warmth. When COS have a sale I try to stay clear because it can be dangerous, however when shopping with my sister that goes out of the window. The Woolen cape was a steal at 50% off and really added something extra to my outfit. Lastly my pleather jacket from Warehouse. You can't go wrong and is water resistant, go with keeping out the wind, and lets face it, pleather jackets just look good!

Is there any girl out there that hasn't got a pair of Topshop jeans? These are the ripped Jamies and I love them, can't stop wearing them. So comfy and the rips give you a little bit of an edgy look. To go with the comfort of the jeans I busted out my trusty old white vans *that aren't that white anymore. Seemed the best bet because of all the walking we had planned to do. 

I had intended to buy lots however ended up with more vegan treats than clothes or make up *however a trip to SpaceNK did happen. So for the job of carrying a lot of food and my accient poloriud camera my large Longchamp bag was a great help.

Who else loves a day trip? Would you like to see more #ootd posts?

Much love. happy Friday!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it!
    It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit Brighton sounds like a fab place. Like the monochrome outfit and that whistles top is stunning. Glad you were brave enough to wear the hat as your totally rockin it! Fab post chick!! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I wore it too. Mostly because it started rain haha. You should totally go, it is such a great place to explore and spend money! xo

      Delete