Monday, January 12, 2015

So much love for Real Techniques


Real techniques are a very popular brand of makeup tools not just with bloggers, but with a wide variety of women. As they are sold in Boots, I regularly see all generations picking the brushes up, especially on a 3 for 2. You could say that I didn't need to buy anymore brushes? But saying that I think it's always nice to have a few options for each type of brush so it keeps the washing of brushes down. That might sound lazy but it's nice to have a few crease brushes when mixing up eye shades, and as you can see have taken over my brush holder.

But why do we love RT so much? They are reliable. I feel that's the biggest factor of their success. They wash well, apply well, don't loose shape and are affordable and easily accessible. It makes them even more lusted over seeing them being used by the creators themselves on YouTube, you know that they're good if they are using them. Might be a bit bold but I feel I could live with just real techniques brushes (but being a beauty addict I like to use a bit of everything haha). 

A favourite? Hmmmm the expert face brush swept me off my feet when I first used it. I couldn't believe I hadn't used it until November last year. It's such a dream, and I have to say that I prefer it to the buffing brush! I don't have a brush I don't get on with but the sponge blender I found hard to use at first but it just needs getting used to.

The future of RT-  Have you seen the new Bold Metal Collection? Wowza! I will get myself some of that. The rose gold looks especially luxe. I hope to see many more releases from the two lovely pixiwoo sisters, and hopefully sometime this year they will do another meet and greet as I couldn't get to last years.

Do you use RT? Do you have a favourite brush?

Thanks for reading
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I just got my first Real Techniques brushes and am really seeing how good the quality is, don't have a favourite brush yet though!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the RT club :) Let me know when you have a fav xo

      Delete
  2. I got my first RT brush a (what seems) long time ago while experimenting with foundation application. It was the Expert Face Brush and I instantly was head over heels and needed more! I own just about all brushes except their smaller defining brush (can't think of the proper name!). I am also so super excited about their Bold Metallic Collection!! I hope we can both get our hands on those rose-gold-gems soon!!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that brush too! My fav small brush has to be the crease brush. xo

      Delete
  3. I love your blog! it's very inspiring, keep up the great work! :) I'm a fan!

    www.officialzalona.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    I really like your Blog! Would you like to follow each other via GFC and/or Bloglovin? I think its a good Way to support each other and I hope we stay in touch. :)

    Greetings, Sophia xx
    Instagram: sophiaton_
    Blog: www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to! Supporting each other is great xo

      Delete
  5. I don't actually own any RT brushes, I keep meaning to pick some up!

    allthatshimmers.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They are so affordable, good quality and wash really well! xo

      Delete