Monday, January 5, 2015

Skincare empties


It's a new year and I needed to clear out my stash of empty containers. I tend to go through skincare products quicker than make up as I have a larger variety of make up so takes me a little longer to use up a whole product. Over a few months I have collected some empty containers having used up the product. As you can see I have an all time favourite included.

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic- £13.25-  I have actually used up a lot more than just the one bottle of this lovely stuff. I'm not really that into toners if that makes sense. They don't get me excited or anything but are a step that I always take in my morning and evening skincare routine. I normally stock up on cleanse and polish in a set which you normally get this with it, so it makes sense to use it up. It does leave my skin fresh and soft and is especially great in the morning as it really does wake your skin up. Alcohol free your skin doesn't feel drying at all and is actually quite moistured. 

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water- £4.99- I've done a post all about this which I have linked here but to just round it up. This is affordable, easy to get hold of and does the job. I use this before I cleanse my face and again after I have cleansed in case I have any stubborn mascara that won't budge. Everyone goes on about Bioderma which is hard to get hold of but to me this is just as good. 

Rodial Bee Venom moisturiser- £150- No way did I pay that amount, this was a tester size from my Glossybox but have to say the amount you get is pretty generous. I enjoyed this product but would not be prepared to pay the amount. It broke my skin out at first but I persisted and it turned out all ok. My skin felt tighter, bouncier, and very smooth. The price does put me off but I wouldn't say no to one as a present.

Hydraluron- £24.99- I am such a fan of this I can not tell you guys enough how much I love this product. So many people love it, but so many people say it does nothing. It's proven to boost the moisture levels in your skin which will enable you to have plump, hydrated and nourished skin. During this time of year especially I suffer with very dry patches on my face, around my nose is the worst so this really helps. I use this as my second serum just before my moisturiser and can definitely tell a difference if I forget to use it. 

La Roche Posay Effeclar Matt-£14.99- Can't quite remember when I was first introduce to this but it works wonders on me. I use this more during the summer as my skin changes from combination dry to combination oily. It really helps to matte the skin, tighten pores and improve luminosity. Like I said this is my number one in the hotter months but I tend to stay away from in in the winter. French skincare is awesome and does the job!

Garnier Ultra Lift- £9.99- On a random trip to Boots with the mother I fancied trying an anti wrinkle cream as my night cream. This was on offer so I thought nothing more than that will do. Yes I am only 26 but I do have some line and wrinkles which have stayed the same the whole time I used this cream. It might work for some but my skin did not fancy this product. If you are looking for a reasonably price night cream and your not fussed bout anti wrinkle, this did feels nice on my skin and smoothed it out.


Are you the same as me and use up skincare more often than make up? Do you use any of these products?

Thanks for reading!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. That garnier micellar water is my must have ! Great blog :) xo

    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Liz Earle Skin Boost...it's heavenly!

    You have a great blog, btw!

    x Melvina

    www.melvinaduka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Micellar water is amazing, have gone through bottle after bottle of these! I think it is basically the same thing as the Bioderma just much more affordable :)
    Lovely blog by the way! xx

    http://nina-madeline.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete